DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

3 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

The number of butthurt millennials in the replies doesn't bode well. Hey, dummies: You just spent the last year dunking on over-sensitive boomers and Karens. You should know better than to engage.

The term "adulting" is trash. Get 'em, young people. 

All the people mad about this are ignoring the greatest gift of adulthood: You never, ever have to give a shit what a teenager thinks about anything again.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

All the people mad about this are ignoring the greatest gift of adulthood: You never, ever have to give a shit what a teenager thinks about anything again.

Unless you work in advertising

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Mike Quackenbush decides his defence/ apology should be presented in a monetisable format:

I had to stop myself chuckling at the ridiculousness of the presentation of this.  Which is horrific given what the video represents.  All the sincerity was sucked right out of it.  

I do believe he is saddened and apologetic for what it’s worth, but he knows he f’d up and it seems like he’s trying to get ahead of the crisis, which is not good for the victims at all.

The last minute is as bad amateur dramatics as I’ve ever seen.

• Like 1

He does't even bother to introduce himself by saying "I am <shoot name>, you may know me as Mike Quackenbush". Which does make it feel more like he's cutting a promo to turn himself face, and less like these are the sincere feelings of an actual person.

I mean the thing about liberals/centrists is legit, but also politics are separate from saying, "Durr muh adulting and avocado toast." The lazy attempt at humor was more what I was thinking about. 

The weird thing for me, as somebody born in 81 and technically a Millennial, is that I definitely see both sides of the criticism. The majority of people I grew up with, whom I always felt detached from at the time (I was voted Most Non-conforming for senior year ?), grew up to have careers and families. Same. The slightly younger crowd of musicians and artists that became my main adult circle of friends? No kids, no houses, no real careers, and still drinking until 3am Sunday morning and spending the rest of the day hungover and useless, people who can barely take care of themselves and their dumb cats. So in the end I can barely relate to anybody besides those I used to know, and I can absolutely see why "our generation" has gained this reputation despite everybody who's contributing right now - both to the economy and general society, as well as to social progress. 

• Like 1

Someone needs to tell him that when you are speaking in a tearful voice and contorting your face to look you are crying, your attempt to look sincere will be helped by figuring out how to generate at least ONE tear from your eye.

This video did more to convince me that Mike Quackenbush is a sociopath than anything else prior to this moment. While I wouldn't be surprised if there are some things he genuinely regrets and feels remorse for, the majority of this would have come off so much better as a written statement, or at the very least, dropping the "Mike Quackenbush" persona and speaking like an actual person would have helped.

I still couldn't help but cringe at him explaining how the student's injury occurred because he concluded that she did not have the necessary upper body strength to safely perform moves, before immediately denying accusations of gaslighting.

I guess on the bright side, at least he had the small amount of self-awareness to not shoot this in front of the blue Chikara banner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Until they grow up and replace you and run things.

Possibly he's one of those guys like Hogan, where he's been working the work so long and so hard, that even when he shoots he's still working (and he works himself into a shoot, marks).