DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

2 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

In WWE?

Austin Theory, Trent Severn, Tyler Bate, Matt Riddle, Wolfgang 

I am not sure about Riddle if they knew about his situation from the beginning of his time with the company. It would have to seriously go south. Hey, maybe it did.

Considering the star system in WWE, Riddle (and possibly Devlin) might get the Sammy Guevara punishment. Even though what they are accused of is much worse than what Sammy did. Whereas anyone who's not on a priority brand (like most the NXT-UK guys) or is on proper TV but hasn't made much of an impression (like Austin Theory) can disappear off TV like they never existed.

Or they could just shutter the UK PC and cancel NXT UK. Either way.

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Considering the star system in WWE, Riddle (and possibly Devlin) might get the Sammy Guevara punishment. Even though what they are accused of is much worse than what Sammy did. Whereas anyone who's not on a priority brand (like most the NXT-UK guys) or is on proper TV but hasn't made much of an impression (like Austin Theory) can disappear off TV like they never existed.

Or they could just shutter the UK PC and cancel NXT UK. Either way.

4afaaec1e3d497e2cfdc8eac4062eb7f.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

While I agree with the sentiment (like will this be the excuse to finally get rid of Terry Taylor) - you know the "excuse" will be something to do with "active wrestlers"

Like how "part time" wrestlers don't have to be wellness tested

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Do you think AEW would take a flyer on Dream or are his days as a national performer done?

I've gotta think absolutely not dude

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
I mean AEW absolutely won't sign an accused kid toucher, not that he's absolutely not done.

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I've gotta think absolutely not dude

I think you're right unless he can somehow prove his innocence but those texts a damning. 

I was wondering who is absolutely done.. like why would anyone hire say Austin Aries at this point?

Riddle, if WWE were to release him, I think he'd still catch on somewhere, he's a guy that I think will be given another opportunity 

5 minutes ago, Peck said:

Wait, what did Terry Taylor do?  lol

Big old racist so belongs in the Michael Hayes category

(For context - a couple of years ago Stevie Ray said Taylor was the most racist man in wrestling)

Edit - he also had a record of abusing trainees when working for WCW’s Power Plant

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shane said:

Not sure what these mean exactly, but at least one of the posts about Quack is gone. 

No, the retraction was about JT Dunn. 

Regarding the CHIKARA thing: I honestly think they are getting set to blame CZW for all of it because Wiggy's connection to CZW, who has posted a lot of the CHIKARA based accusations. It actually really worried be yesterday, because I know she isn't making anything up, but it feels like an easy scape goat that CHIKARA might try.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan

The new Observer finally came out and I just wanted to highlight a few things regarding the Joey Ryan stuff since it just came up in this thread and this is definitely one area when you know Dave was talking directly to folks

When the week was over, Joey Ryan was accused by so many women of inappropriate sexual actions that people lost count (there were at least 16 stories that had come out), and was not only fired by Impact, closed down his Southern California promotion, Bar Wrestling, and it’s hard to believe that his career in pro wrestling isn’t over. His closest friends were shocked, saying they had no idea and many people who knew him as these revelations came out went into some deep depression and soul-searching trying to process the information. One person close to everyone on the Southern California scene said that Ryan’s entire life was wrestling and that nobody had any contact with him since 6/21, and also noted that probably very few tried to get in contact with him either.

Candice LeRae of WWE, who teamed with Ryan for years on the independent scene, said, “I am mortified. I absolutely do not and never have condoned such horrible actions. I have zero tolerance for it. To the women he did this to–my heart breaks for you. I trusted this person. Reading the stories and learning how he acted sickens me. Especially because you all trusted him too. I can’t imagine how you felt. For every woman and man who has been brave enough to speak out, I have nothing but love and respect for you.”

A number of close friends of Ryan, both performers and several who are not working in the wrestling industry but were close to him, were shocked. Still, there were women in wrestling who were not. One promoter noted to us in detail what a model employee Ryan was, and said he had never heard rumors. Another major independent promoter told us that he believes more people knew and said he had heard and that was the specific reason he never booked Ryan. Another person said that people on the inside on the East Coast have heard rumors for yeas and can’t believe others hadn’t heard.

“To say this was shocking was an understatement,” said someone who would have been considered one of his closest friends who is not directly in the wrestling industry. “I've known him 20 years and have never seen this side. It feels like when the news interviews a murderer's family and they say they had no idea.”

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

No, the retraction was about JT Dunn. 

Regarding the CHIKARA thing: I honestly think they are getting set to blame CZW for all of it because Wiggy's connection to CZW, who has posted a lot of the CHIKARA based accusations. It actually really worried be yesterday, because I know she isn't making anything up, but it feels like an easy scape goat that CHIKARA might try.

In that big list a few pages back, the third and fourth accusations on Quack are no longer valid links. I was going off of that. Not sure if I saw the original posts, so they may well have referenced Dunn. 

We’ll see how it all plays out. It’s all just fucked. 

Edited for clarity...

Edited by Shane

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The new Observer finally came out and I just wanted to highlight a few things regarding the Joey Ryan stuff since it just came up in this thread and this is definitely one area when you know Dave was talking directly to folks

That sounds like the road to a bad outcome.  For whatever he's done, hopefully there is someone that he trusts that will check in with him.

That last person could be Scott Lost unless they meant they were never in the wrestling industry as he's been retired for a long time and was paired up with him forever and from the start. I could easily be wrong too of course.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Do you think AEW would take a flyer on Dream or are his days as a national performer done?

No need. They already have a young Wrestler named Velvet*, you don't need two.

* Red Velvet, she wrestled Hikaru Shida on Dynamite this week. For under a minute.