DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Tessa being only 24 years old, there's a decent chance she gets to at least attempt a redemption deal somewhere.

I see no reason why this board shouldn't have a button to post this exact sentence whenever one needs to. I think it would get more use than making numbered lists.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Didn't they just redo the belt (a simple recolor) so they have an extra lying around?

I hope all these companies have extra ones in case someone decides to pawn it or someone steals it.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I'm just a guy with the PWG logo in my avatar so I could be biased, but Meltzer mentioned that Joey's closest friends in the business had no idea and they're all stunned and bummed out.  The impression is that he hid that shit, which is really creepy. 

I mean yeah, everybody could be lying, but PWG has a reputation for stopping booking guys when they become known as shitbags (Elgin, Callihan).

There's also the possibility that Joey still had heat with them for steeling their Facebook page to convert it to Bar Wrestling.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I'm just a guy with the PWG logo in my avatar so I could be biased, but Meltzer mentioned that Joey's closest friends in the business had no idea and they're all stunned and bummed out.  The impression is that he hid that shit, which is really creepy. 

I mean yeah, everybody could be lying, but PWG has a reputation for stopping booking guys when they become known as shitbags (Elgin, Callihan).

And I totally get that it's possible they didn't know, but now they do, and I don't see any of them coming out against him. 

2 hours ago, chanandlerbong said:

Probably in the early 2010's when he thought that pimping and drug dealing was an okay way to make a living when not wrestling.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-sports/the-rise-and-fall-of-wrestlings-weed-dealing-cat-breeding-phenom-188399/

"$229,000 in Weed and Cat Food" needs to be a book title, somewhere, somehow.  Hopefully having nothing to do with that loser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Does anyone have any info on Lindsay Davenport (former #1 tennis player in the world) suing USWA for sexual harassment, or is it just sleaze thread/grain of salt stuff?

Wait. There was a Lauren Davenport in the USWA. NOT the tennis player.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

From a PR POV (since we know how much that matters to them), i guess they can afford to drop workers in the scandals, because if they go to AEW, they can claim moral high ground (for once, and yes, extremely hypocritical). 

21 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Elvis Presley used to be good friends with Tom Jones. But then Elvis got President Nixon to make him a Federal Agent at large for the Bureau of Narcotics and Drugs, and he was so proud. So was showing his new ID badge to all of his friends, and Jones starts laughing and says "You'll have to arrest yourself!". And Elvis never speaks to him again.

• Haha 7

How many of the guys accused haven't been released yet? Maybe they have found people that haven't been listed in some Twitter thread somewhere. I say that cause many obviously sounds like way more than Jordan Devlin and Velveteen Dream and a few other NXT UK people. "Many" sounds like a complete purge.

26 minutes ago, AxB said:

Elvis Presley used to be good friends with Tom Jones. But then Elvis got President Nixon to make him a Federal Agent at large for the Bureau of Narcotics and Drugs, and he was so proud. So was showing his new ID badge to all of his friends, and Jones starts laughing and says "You'll have to arrest yourself!". And Elvis never speaks to him again.

But that's not unusual...

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

How many of the guys accused haven't been released yet? Maybe they have found people that haven't been listed in some Twitter thread somewhere. I say that cause many obviously sounds like way more than Jordan Devlin and Velveteen Dream and a few other NXT UK people. "Many" sounds like a complete purge.

In WWE?

Austin Theory, Trent Severn, Tyler Bate, Matt Riddle, Wolfgang 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

5582-CE0-A-5-D0-D-44-C1-A2-E0-A34-C13-AF

Edit: dang. Misread and didn’t read the “haven’t” part. Still keeping my meme up though. 

Edited by OctopusCinema
  • Like 1