DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Re the Lince Dorado thing - I found this via archive.org, It was a recap written on ChikaraFans

The main event was supposed to be next of Hero vs. Claudio but they ended the show instead

I was at that show and that is a exactly what happened. Remembering table little that I remembered from first aid in Boy Scouts, I was horrified that they moved him in a table. I think everyone there thought Lince was dead. 

On a lighter note, everyone was asked to stay in the building because they were waiting for an ambulance. I wound up chatting it up with Dr Keith and he was a cool dude. 

6 minutes ago, paul sosnowski said:

I was at that Chikara show.   We thought Lince had actually passed away.   There was horrible screaming from his mother or girlfirend coming from the backstage area after they took him out of the ring.   It was terrifying

As mentioned above, his mother was screaming "my baby!" And maybe "my baby is dead!" 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

As mentioned above, his mother was screaming "my baby!" And maybe "my baby is dead!" 

Yeah. I remember the “my baby is dead.”

With Spandex (site or twitter) hasn't had an update since posting the Smackdown results last week and Brandon Stroud has shut down his twitter. The UproxxSports twitter hasn't said if any changes are coming and I don't feel like scrolling through 5 days worth of posts on the regular Uproxx twitter to see if they've addressed it.

I'm assuming since there hasn't been anything that all the other writers bailed.

This was the 2nd time he was outed as a creep yeah? I remember something a few years ago about inappropriate contact with female talent and swiping nudes.

15 minutes ago, elizium said:

With Spandex (site or twitter) hasn't had an update since posting the Smackdown results last week and Brandon Stroud has shut down his twitter. The UproxxSports twitter hasn't said if any changes are coming and I don't feel like scrolling through 5 days worth of posts on the regular Uproxx twitter to see if they've addressed it.

I'm assuming since there hasn't been anything that all the other writers bailed.

This was the 2nd time he was outed as a creep yeah? I remember something a few years ago about inappropriate contact with female talent and swiping nudes.

The management haven't said Jack. Stroud was basically their entire show, with the other writers working on a month per month basis, and most of them are saying they are out after June.

38 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I've never heard that Lince story. Fucking horrifying. 

I don't think I've seen a big injury live and I'm pretty thankful for that.

I'm off topic here, but thankfully neither have I. I was the building for what I thought was going to be a catastrophic injury though, when BJ Whitmer slipped giving Jimmy Jacobs a superbomb and they crashed to the floor. I would've sworn in that moment that Jimmy would never wrestle again at best. Then he just... Continued the match and was fine. Whitmer actually wound up with an ankle or foot injury but nothing real serious iirc.

6 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

It’s really weird when you help get your friend into a wrestling promotion then 12 years later said friends tweet is credited in the wrestling observer leading to the promotions death.

Speaking as someone who was really big into Chikara and was on the edge of vomiting when the rumors about Quack selling out were spreading; don’t feel bad. This is the kind of shit that had to happen so that wrestling can be safe and not feel like a minefield for more vulnerable people.

If Chikara has to die so the business could be less rotten, then it’s a worthy trade off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

Speaking as someone who was really big into Chikara and was on the edge of vomiting when the rumors about Quack selling out were spreading; don’t feel bad. This is the kind of shit that had to happen so that wrestling can be safe and not feel like a minefield for more vulnerable people.

If Chikara has to die so the business could be less rotten, then it’s a worthy trade off.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I was sad about it originally as much as just... What is happening? It still hadn't felt real yet. It's kinda getting there, and I'm actually looking up some of the work of the young guys coming up through the Wrestlefactory because I keep hearing about how the newest generation might not be as talented as some of the early ones (which, to be fair, the talent CHIKARA put out in it's first decade is actually kinda remarkable), there are a lot of hard workers people think don't deserve having there dreams ruined. That's been more what has had me on edge and almost feeling reluctant about what went down. But then I realized it had to happen, and hopefully all these young talents can create what they want on their terms, not on some asshole.

12 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if I was sad about it originally as much as just... What is happening? It still hadn't felt real yet. It's kinda getting there, and I'm actually looking up some of the work of the young guys coming up through the Wrestlefactory because I keep hearing about how the newest generation might not be as talented as some of the early ones (which, to be fair, the talent CHIKARA put out in it's first decade is actually kinda remarkable), there are a lot of hard workers people think don't deserve having there dreams ruined. That's been more what has had me on edge and almost feeling reluctant about what went down. But then I realized it had to happen, and hopefully all these young talents can create what they want on their terms, not on some asshole.

Three schools in the area opened their doors to the Chikara students who hadn’t finished their courses, so they still have a choice should they decide to continue training.

I’m a regular and talk to many of the younger guys, and let me tell you, I’m so proud of them for making a stand and going with their hearts. The kids are alright.

• Like 1

Who counts as the “new generation” anyway? Saying they’re worse than the previous generation or whatever is a pretty subjective thing, and depending on who is lumped into that group, I don’t know if I agree either. And besides that, most of them probably haven’t been working as long as the previous talent, either.