DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

12 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Embedded for convenience:

Forget the "style of apology." That's not an apology at all. 

Thanks, was on mobile.

And agreed really. If anything the obvious fact he feels he did nothing wrong is what creeps me out most about that. Just fucking awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Marty and Ospreay sound like complete morons. 

Honestly a lot of UK wrestlers have come across that way recently. As I’ve seen numerous times the last few days Pete Dunne seems to be one of the few decent ones. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

Wouldn’t that be troublesome considering his past too? I know it was years ago, but it’s why WWE didn’t hire him.

I believe they told him because alot of prominent NFL players were coming up with domestic charges and they were a big thing all at once during the time Hunter was going to sign him and he had one on his background . He probably would've gotten signed if it wasn't such a hot issue at that moment. I think at the same time Charlotte had a domestic issue with her ex husband that was public at the time too

16 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Thanks, was on mobile.

And agreed really. If anything the obvious fact he feels he did nothing wrong is what creeps me out most about that. Just fucking awful.

I read the full thing and it seems to translate to "I'm a grown-ass man that likes to fuck highschool girls!" Did I miss something?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Marty and Ospreay sound like complete morons. 

Like we should expect a guy whose in-ring work is done to the accompaniment of screeching like a freshly-gelded horse to be some sort of savant?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Like we should expect a guy whose in-ring work is done to the accompaniment of screeching like a freshly-gelded horse to be some sort of savant?

I assume for both skipping class to go take bumps on their head from tall buildings was routine and well here we are..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

While this is obviously a positive thing, their homepage is terrifying. Is it mandatory to look like a complete douche to work there or is this one of those odd coincidences?

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This is very much like what happened in Hollywood/#metoo where the second people start applauding someone for getting behind the movement or going at Twitter shitheads that person's name is attached to an allegation and then you just remember that it's pointless putting anyone on a pedestal.  

If they are putting real work and money where their mouth is that's awesome but still ...  we all grew up with actors or actresses or wrestlers or athletes being our heroes and often times they disappoint.  I just remember now we don't know any of them and who they are away from the screen or the field is likely not what you thought. 

This. The real heroes are like the guy at the deli that scoops extra meat in your soup and the bartender that remembers your name and drink. Local barista gave me a coffee for free a few times because we have good convos. Hero. For whatever reason we look at people in the limelight as being either wiser or better than us. We ~stan~ someone that can sing well. The real heroes are the people that make our day a little better and the real super heroes are the ones that somehow work to make the world a better place.

Right now, some of the stories I’ve read, Thunder Rosa is a super hero to me.

Edited by OctopusCinema
  • Like 15

5 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

This. The real heroes are like the guy at the deli that scoops extra meat in your soup and the bartender that remembers your name and drink.

Agreed and also as simple as your parents for what they accomplished and what they did to make us who we are or other family members or even some of my friends who I've seen grow over time and achieve their goals..  

It's not as glamorous but it's what matters most. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hagan said:

If I'm an independent company I'm putting a wall between performers and fans. No more merch tables.

That's never going to happen. The merch tables are where workers make the majority of their pay. There's been nights where I made 600% of what my pay was at the merch table, and I'm a nobody. The bigger name guys, the people that make indy wrestling an actual living, need that merch money to survive. If a promoter takes away merch tables, guys will take other bookings over you. It's no longer economically viable to work somewhere that gets rid of merch tables.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Agreed and also as simple as your parents for what they accomplished and what they did to make us who we are or other family members or even some of my friends who I've seen grow over time and achieve their goals..  

It's not as glamorous but it's what matters most. 

In recent weeks a lot of the content I've seen people share on combating various -isms involves calling out your relatives and peers on their problematic behavior. I don't have that close a relationship with my family and while my parents and I get along ok we didn't always get along that well when I was growing up. Your comment here and reflecting on a lot of stuff going on now made me realize that despite some of the issues we may have, I can always credit my folks with leading by example of how to treat others with mutual respect.

• Like 1

You'd like to think most people here would have learned the fallacy of the celebrity hero the hard way in 2007.

Heck, even ost of our fictional heroes are often anything but heroic using the classical definitions. (Then again, most classical heroes like Hercules are pretty crappy too.) 

• Like 3

Dear lord, that story is horrifying. Poor Keith, I’d quit drinking at bars too.

@The Man Known as Dan, my trick for posting mobile tweets is an icon on the bottom right of the tweet that looks like a U with an arrow coming out of it. Click on that and you can copy a link that is more forum friendly.

———

I didn’t see this posted. But here’s an example of Thunder Rosa being legit.