DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

Well, the one bright spot in all of this is that Pete Dunne has always impressed me as a stand-up guy who doesn't suffer fools and jackholes gladly, (if at all), and there's been absolutely nothing from either side of the pond to change my opinion of him.

• Like 7

I think it’s a good time to remember that while there are numerous scumbags out there there are many, many decent, honest,  loving and hardworking performers out there.

Dont let the sleazebags ruin it for everyone else.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Well, the one bright spot in all of this is that Pete Dunne has always impressed me as a stand-up guy who doesn't suffer fools and jackholes gladly, (if at all), and there's been absolutely nothing from either side of the pond to change my opinion of him.

Doesn't exactly have the best taste in friends though.

• Like 2

So do you think there is someone in IMPACT right now thinking "Damn we put the wrong Crist brother in the Cancel Culture group".  It is something the people with the worst records are in IMPACT.  The WWE has been kind of quiet but they did get rid of Gallagher.  AEW got rid of Jimmy Havoc.  I am not expecting them to change things much.  Especially Dave Crist who is a charter member of the "friends of Sami" club that is basically 80% of the IMPACT roster right now

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

100% this. Also she may not have tried to wake up the others in the van because she may of had to worry about the possibility of that just making her situation worse. Really people need to come to terms with the fact that sexual assault is an epidemic in our culture and that a lot of people have to spend their times constantly weighing the situation they are to maintain the most safety they can.

To add to this, also don't forget that wrestling as a career has many barriers to entry (much like most entertainment careers).  The reason so many of these victims have stayed quiet for so long is because they had fear of being labeld "difficult" or even "crazy".  A lot of the people being called out are promoters, trainers and well-known names (on differing levels).  They are people who can end or ruin your career.  A lot of the victims have dreamed of being pro wrestlers their whole lives, maybe.  I'm sure there's a huge fear of having that dream squashed because you said something about someone that has a lot of connections and can really fuck up things for you going forward.  I mean, the stories coming out this week show that.  

• Like 2

If Joey Ryan was in fact a creep and sleaze bag, is it safe to assume that Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks were aware of this, or were they blissfully ignorant?

Keep in mind there was a time when Joey Ryan was a major figure on Being the Elite and they were doing all those storylines with him on indie shows and all the dick flip stuff. Not to mention, Joey Ryan was a prospect who probably could've gone gotten a job as a head coach at NXT or AEW. Instead he didn't end up going to either. 

Now, is this why he didn't end up in AEW? Was there a professional distancing between Bucks and Cody and Omega and Ryan being more than just they were starting AEW and doing their own thing?

5 minutes ago, matt925 said:
There was at least one other detailed post about Joey Ryan today. 

Edit: I was referring to another, separate post from the one that just got shared above. 

Not sure if you're referring to this one or not...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Kobe also did a lot of good things. Charity, pushing forward women's basketball, etc. But he raped a young woman in a hotel in Colorado.

Alot of people including myself dont believe he raped that lady, its known that she already had several mens DNA on her within a 48 period of having relations with Kobe, he was even noted saying she was going to get with someone famous during that time, the same thing happened with 2Pac in the 90s when he was falsely accused of rape by a lady he was having consensual sex with. He got charged with forcibly touching the buttocks. I'm not defending any of these wrestlers because no of them are at the level financially or fame wise as these two but it happens.

• Like 1

• jaedmc locked this topic

Let's take a break.

During that time  some of you should feel free to google articles on rape and rape culture so your opinions aren't total trash. Read something by someone you don't agree with. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I really shouldn't even reopen this given the lack of restraint shown in the past 24hrs.

This time I'm handing out suspensions. If you think I'm on your side and I surely won't suspend you because you know you're "in the right"- you are wrong.

If you have nothing worthwhile to add to the conversation or if you find yourself about to argue with an anonymous person on the internet I request you walk away. No one is going to be impressed with your morality. You're not changing the world here. 

Also try to keep this in mind. There are authors who have spent 100s of hours studying topics just like this, and they wrote 100s of pages of text before revealing their thoughts on the matter to the world. And some of those people still shit the bed. Please do not believe you are above that, with the 30 seconds it took to write your reply armed with your "gut feeling."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

• jaedmc unlocked this topic
15 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I really shouldn't even reopen this given the lack of restraint shown in the past 24hrs.

This time I'm handing out suspensions. If you think I'm on your side and I surely won't suspend you because you know you're "in the right"- you are wrong.

If you have nothing worthwhile to add to the conversation or if you find yourself about to argue with an anonymous person on the internet I request you walk away. No one is going to be impressed with your morality. You're not changing the world here. 

Also try to keep this in mind. There are authors who have spent 100s of hours studying topics just like this, and they wrote 100s of pages of text before revealing their thoughts on the matter to the world. And some of those people still shit the bed. Please do not believe you are above that, with the 30 seconds it took to write your reply armed with your "gut feeling."

I would hope that if people really want to argue that they at least take it to private message.  Whether it be for that or to go all conspiracy theory (the Riddle incident for example) there's just some things that are not best to have in a public conversation.  Especially since we're all looking at text on a screen a lot can be lost in translation compared to actually talking to somebody.   Hope you don't mind me saying this.

I'm not a legal expert, but what are the chances Joey Ryan winds up going to prison for this. I think Meltzer said on WOR that there's something like 16 different allegations against Joey at this point. In his case, it sounds like something needs to be done beyond firing him from various promotions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I would hope that if people really want to argue that they at least take it to private message.  Whether it be for that or to go all conspiracy theory (the Riddle incident for example) there's just some things that are not best to have in a public conversation.  Especially since we're all looking at text on a screen a lot can be lost in translation compared to actually talking to somebody.   Hope you don't mind me saying this.

This is a great suggestion and I endorse it.

• Thanks 1

In addition to apologizing privately to Sasha Sammy also made a public apology on his twitter.  So that's good.

Buuuuuuut, at the same time he was also liking tweets.  Such as:

So I'm more than a little skeptical about his sincerity.

AEW has suspended him without pay and will re-evaluate his status after he goes through sensitivity training, so I guess we'll see.

I’ll just briefly reiterate what I said about that yesterday:  it’s VERY easy to accidentally Like a tweet when you’re scrolling through.  I find all kinds of weird shit that I definitely DID NOT LIKE in my feed all the time.  Given that it was just one tweet (not a full-blown liking spree of tweets defending him) and it disappeared quickly, I think it’s reasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was an accident.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

Reading this person's timeline is heartbreaking. She says she can't eat or even shower. 

At this point it would be easier to nuke the wrestling business and start anew from the ground up. I know it's likely just as bad everywhere else but the UK scene in particular, man. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

I’ll just briefly reiterate what I said about that yesterday:  it’s VERY easy to accidentally Like a tweet when you’re scrolling through.  I find all kinds of weird shit that I definitely DID NOT LIKE in my feed all the time.  Given that it was just one tweet (not a full-blown liking spree of tweets defending him) and it disappeared quickly, I think it’s reasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was an accident.

There's also the word that image was photoshopped. 

• Like 1