DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

There's always the chance that since Bushiroad owns both Stardom and New Japan and with Hana Kimura's death that they won't try to hide and bury what Ospreay did like some other Japanese companies might do.

Bushiroad employs Chase Owens, who is far more of a problem than Will Ospreay, but both need to go ASAP. One is a paedophile, and the other is an enabler for a rapist and drove a woman out of the industry because she spoke out.

I like Bea Priestly as a worker, but she's not any better than Will. At the very least she's a bully of the highest caliber.

• Like 2

"I only did it because I like you."

Isn't that the same deal that assholes use on their spouses when they beat them?

Maybe these folks accused of all this shitty behavior need to apologize for that behavior, and then go silent and use their newly-found open schedules to try to be better people moving forward. 

Also, in Kong's case, the last part when he says "I hope we can hash this out between us like adults." is super gross too. Fuck you, dude. That kid likely didn't think the guy that punked him in front of the entire locker room was willing to hear the details of how you bullied them to tears and caused them to rethink their appreciation for their chosen profession. 

He should have just fired on him. Maybe you get fucked up, but at least you get the pleasure of drilling some piece of shit that treated you badly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

Bushiroad employs Chase Owens, who is far more of a problem than Will Ospreay, but both need to go ASAP. One is a paedophile, and the other is an enabler for a rapist and drove a woman out of the industry because she spoke out.

I like Bea Priestly as a worker, but she's not any better than Will. At the very least she's a bully of the highest caliber.

Well, true.  I just hope that with what's happened recently and what's going on now that Bushiroad would do the sensible thing.

Of course, there's always the fact that Japan is still somewhat behind the times when it comes to gender equality, even compared to the US, so who knows what Bushiroad will actually do.

15 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, even with things like Tyson, that probably is another reason why "deny and attack" has taken hold over "admit wrongdoing and try to do better. Even if Tyson is a question, a better example would be Michael Vick: A person who was caught, paid the price for his actions, and his punishment truly changed him and made him do a complete 180 to a person who does tireless work for the Humane Society to try and prevent others from getting into dogfighting like he did....and to many people, it doesn't matter how much he changes. No matter what he does to change it, he'll always be "the guy who engaged in dogfighting." Even if he changed his life, to a lot of people, his very worst moment is who he is in the dark. It's all that Vick is, and more important, it's all that he ever WILL BE.

With things like that in mind, eventually it goes to "deny and attack" ends up the endgame simply because: Once the mere accusation comes out, whether it gets legs, gets forgotten, gets proven false, you get exonerated for it, a big voice comes down and says "HE DIDN'T DO IT!"...a lot of people are going to hate you forever for it anyway. With that in play, eventually the only way to do it is realize "A lot of people will hate you forever for this, bending the knee proves you did it...best to just deny, fight it, and if you're going down no matter what at least go down swinging."

Look no further than Kobe Bryant.  We have no idea what happened in Colorado but he was never convicted of anything but adultery so everyone just kind of moved on right?  Or so we thought. Within minutes of his death,  you had people saying he shouldn't be celebrated because he's a rapist and it went so far to the point where Gayle King is asking Lisa Leslie about it and Lisa says "well, Kobe was a great man as far as I could see, that's the Kobe I know"  and Gayle King starts arguing with her and saying "Well, you wouldn't know, you wouldn't see it.."  

Like.. really? The issue with me and the media or the court of public opinion is that if we allow people to be convicted without due process then we are no longer believing in the right to a fair trial and innocent until proven guilty and that's a problem too.  

These stories MUST be told and victims need to feel comfortable coming forward and the monsters need to be held accountable but we cannot convict based on a story, it has to play out in the courts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I feel like the entire Tyson conversation is missing the biggest factor of why he was "forgiven."  The entire appeal of Mike Tyson is that he was a savage.  Him going to jail for rape kind of just reinforced that belief and therefore his appeal.  

I think you missed a page of our discussion. ?

1 minute ago, Casey said:

@Niners Fan in CT That ain't it fam.

What's not it? A lot of these stories are credible but when you have a Twitter account that just starts spouting off names like it's the Price is Right, that ain't it..  It does a huge disservice to the victims and in some cases destroys the career of someone who quite possibly did not do anything wrong. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's your suggestion? 

Warning others about potentially dangerous people and allowing victims the space to find some closure by confronting what happened to them, in a public setting if that’s their wish. When there’s a justice system in this country that isn’t total dog shit we can try it your way. 

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Believe victims.

You have to realize there is a "..and then what do we do?" attached to the process.  Jack Gallagher was fired, sounds like he deserves to be, sounds like he deserves to do time. 

Should WWE fire Matt Riddle right now?  I can't answer that question.  

• Like 1

What do we do? We don't support rapists and abusers. We're just fans, dude. Unless you're secretly a politician that can actually make a real, meaningful difference - in which case, go do that. But you aren't.

Gallagher was fired, and deserves to be.

Riddle pressured someone into oral sex. That's rape, bro.

Edited by Casey
I can't spell
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Warning others about potentially dangerous people and allowing victims the space to find some closure by confronting what happened to them, in a public setting if that’s their wish. When there’s a justice system in this country that isn’t total dog shit we can try it your way. 

In a case like Kobe Bryant, do you think the label of being a rapist should have followed him to grave?  We can pull up the posts in his R.I.P. thread most people in there didn't feel like it should be discussed. 

• Like 1

Well I imagine that because Gallagher is a rapist, and so is Riddle, but one is fired, then the other should also probably be fired.

This isn't as difficult as you want to think it is.

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

In a case like Kobe Bryant, do you think the label of being a rapist should have followed him to grave?  We can pull up the posts in his R.I.P. thread most people in there didn't feel like it should be discussed. 

Other people, including Kobe’s young daughter, died with him. The mitigating factors make me feel like there should be some time before it’s brought up. I think one person in the thread immediately went there and later apologized when they read the room.

Long term? I don’t give a shit if people vaguely refer to Kobe’s “complicated legacy.” He died wealthy and held in high regard by the general public. It’s very possible he committed rape and then used his power to harass his victim into not complying with a criminal investigation. Anyone whose feelings are hurt by it being brought up beyond a few select people who knew him personally need to take a step back and get some perspective. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 4

Kobe is a bit off-topic here, but, speaking personally, I didn't think it was the time to bring in that he raped a woman because his surviving daughter that's old enough to understand what happened didn't need to see that right as she was grieving her father and sister's deaths.

But Kobe raped a woman. She only declined to testify after Kobe's defense team "accidentally" leaked her name and she started getting death threats. Kobe's "apology" used that same "I didn't realize she didn't think it was consensual" bullshit David Starr just did. 

It got swept under the rug until he won an Oscar, got briefly resurrected (with some Roman Polanski talk attached to it) and then died back down until he died, then it got brought up again because people were seeing everyone honor a rapist. 

Kobe also did a lot of good things. Charity, pushing forward women's basketball, etc. But he raped a young woman in a hotel in Colorado.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

51 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Well, true.  I just hope that with what's happened recently and what's going on now that Bushiroad would do the sensible thing.

Of course, there's always the fact that Japan is still somewhat behind the times when it comes to gender equality, even compared to the US, so who knows what Bushiroad will actually do.

Bushiroad is a Japanese company. Unless charges are actually filed against Owens or people high up the ranks on the roster speak up I doubt they will do anything. I'm not sure how much the Japanese scene is even paying attention to the current SpeakingOut stuff. If they are then maybe something occurs, but I wouldn't expect anything otherwise.

With Ospreay & Bea its even less likely they are punished.