DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Do men and women share the same locker room in wrestling? I just saw a twitter post earlier where Thunderkitty mentioned a female vet nearly getting into it with Riddle because he was trying to change in the female locker room at one point.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

When did Gallagher admit to the multiple rapes he was accused of?

Gallagher didn't confess to multiple rapes I don't think, but it was said yesterday he did take responsibility for at least one of the rapes, and tried reaching out to the victim in an attempt to try and make amends (and in which the victim wanted nothing to do with him.)

So it's not full confession of the multiple ones he was accused of, but he wasn't denying or claiming the victim was lying.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
10 hours ago, Ziggy said:

The Swamp is being drained in Pro wrestling. Like how Trump is exposing the Pizza gate scandals but people are actually getting repercussions from their offenses

And all this time I thought Dr. Billy Wayne Ruddick was a character created by Sacha Baron Cohen.

It seems pretty clear that Ligero is a pos.

I attended a FWA weeklong camp in the Summer of 2006. The trainers, principally Mark Sloan and Justin Richards, were extremely nice and professional, I took some decent shots from a senior guy but I witnessed no stretching or liberties taken whatsoever. But iirc there was some mild hazing, I think somebody might have had to have gone to to the bowling rink in their swimming trunks or something - it didn't seem bad at the time, though I was glad it wasn't me, but probably not the sort of thing that you would want to do in 2020. But hey Ohtani used to shoot DDT trainees on the bowling alley floor.

49 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

It seems pretty clear that Ligero is a pos.

I attended a FWA weeklong camp in the Summer of 2006. The trainers, principally Mark Sloan and Justin Richards, were extremely nice and professional, I took some decent shots from a senior guy but I witnessed no stretching or liberties taken whatsoever. But iirc there was some mild hazing, I think somebody might have had to have gone to to the bowling rink in their swimming trunks or something - it didn't seem bad at the time, though I was glad it wasn't me, but probably not the sort of thing that you would want to do in 2020. But hey Ohtani used to shoot DDT trainees on the bowling alley floor.

Ohtani shooting on guys sounds minor in comparison to the allegations of the hell training camps in Japan that are whispered about.

It really does seem like it would be the absolute bare minium to provide a place for the likely two women on the card to change that isn't in front of the dozen or so men.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Wow, how is this a thing? Can indies not afford two locker rooms?

Out of all the shows I've ever worked, maybe 20 of them had a legitimate locker room. 95% of the time it's just whatever room is adjacent to the room the event is held in. Or in some cases the same room the event is in, just separated by curtains. Zero times in 17 years have I been on a show with a separate female locker room. The general rule of thumb for the female workers is they change into their ring gear in the female bathrooms before doors open. Its shitty that they have a different set of standards and have to worry about getting into gear before doors open & in bathrooms that are sometimes gross, unlike the men. But only companies big enough to run actual arenas like WWE, WCW, and probably AEW have the luxury of separate female locker rooms.

• Thanks 1

As an aside, this is an issue for both the men and women... if you work last, you also gotta be prepared to be changing in front of the fans at a moment's notice. Tear down will start taking the curtains down pretty much right when the show ends. I've had that happen to me so many times in buildings where the locker room is just partitioned off by curtains. A lot of times the people working tear down dont think to check if everyone is decent (or don't care because they just wanna get it done). So any fans sticking around buying merch or taking pictures end up being able to see you changing sometimes.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/impact-wrestling-parent-company-provides-statement-on-671634/

In response to these allegations, Impact Wrestling's parent company, Anthem Sports & Entertainment, released the following statement:

"It is a core value of the Anthem organization that we conduct our business with respect and integrity, providing a safe and secure work environment for our employees and performers. We are following carefully the various allegations being made through social media, and are reviewing all incidents involving Impact Wrestling talent and personnel to determine an appropriate course of action."

Edited by zendragon

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Wow, how is this a thing? Can indies not afford two locker rooms?

I know in a lot of the buildings that we ran when I was ring announcing, they weren't built for events like this so the "locker room" may be a meeting room/lounge. If we were in a hockey rink ; we would have access to all the dressing rooms.

Putting aside all the moral issues which are abhorrent and anyone guilty can be shot into the sun, from a sociological perspective it is interesting seeing how the accused are playing this.

One of things we’ve learned from the last few years in American culture is the best way to survive a scandal is to not apologize, deny everything and either go on the attack and move forward. 

Not defending that, of course.

• Like 1

Mike Tyson is an interesting case. I don't think there's another obvious example of someone convicted of rape really being rehabilitated in terms of remaining a celebrity. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people were never really convinced of his guilt - but nonetheless he is a convicted rapist and I'm not sure AEW can really feature him again if they were ever planning to.

I'd be tempted to say the celebrity forever tarnished by a serious crime and shunned/blackballed is more rare than the celebrity or even politician who eventually gets their career/image rehabilitated or at least forgotten. Or with Woody Allen or Polanski, people know the history and work with them anyway. 

Dude, the two biggest political parties in the country are both running dudes accused of multiple instances of rape and/or sexual misconduct.  Mike Tyson ain't even close to the biggest hall pass we've given out for this.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Late pass. I haven't been on social media or on here much the last few days.  So forgive me when I say,   what the fuck?

Same here. What's causing all this? Woooooo

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1