DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

2 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Thanks for that. The only other question I had was one of tweets mentioned a convicted rapist on AEW. Are they talking about Havoc or someone that hasn't been named yet?

That would've been Tyson.

21 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he the guy who was sacked for allegedly propositioning male talent (Mordecai is the one name I remember) with Undertaker being the one who went to Vince to demand his firing? 

1 hour ago, matt925 said:

Not wrestling related but gonna leave this here because there’s always people who need to hear this and think it through. Not saying every single accusation is enough to lock them up and throw away the key, but for the most part, yeah. 

Studies suggest the prevalence of false reporting on sexual assault is between 2% and 10%, according to the National Sexual Violence Resource Center.

Now, false reporting also includes "unable to prove" so take it as you will.

Now, if you want to argue that 2 to 10 percent is statistically insignificant then that's okay but, I dunno, there's been a lot of social change based on thing that statistically are less prevalent than that.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Raziel said:

ExposeWrestling either just got nuked by Twitter or Deleted themselves.

think they were jut starting to throw names out there withut any real stories or evidence its abit dangerous to do...... can make actual victims not believed if fake stories get thrown about too

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Raziel said:

ExposeWrestling either just got nuked by Twitter or Deleted themselves.

That account seemed, at best, ill-advised and, frankly, pretty sketchy.  Not surprised it didn’t last long.

• Like 4

Ya know, when shit like this comes out every so often, it always makes me think of the irony of Vince McMahon and his desire to get out of wrestling and be seen as a "legitimate" businessman. The same griminess and carny facade that he's embarrassed of is probably the reason he's still the billionaire head of a major company. I mean, I seriously doubt Rita Chatterton is the only #MeToo skeleton in his closet. Not to mention, as far as other things go...hell, Papa John's got rid of Papa John himself over something that wouldn't make a top 50 list of the most racially insensitive things Vince has done/presided over. If Vince was in a business that the media took seriously, he'da been cancelled by now.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Now part of the reason I said that last post was because Progress put out a statement that was basically "We support you. We believe you." etc...

And immediately folks pointed out the way they handled (or didn't handle) the accusations against Jimmy Havoc in 2014

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Riddle's attorney couldn't find regular paper?

HE WORKS FOR THE WWE FOR FUCK SAKE.  They have lawyers that could get you away from almost everything and you hire someone that seems to be from the back of High Times Magazine.  

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin
8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently Bobby Fulton decided to defend Jim Cornette

Then he didn't

Then he decided to just start attacking Meltzer

So that is also happening

And then he decided to challenge Joey Janela to a barbed wire match. For real. You seriously can't make that up in this entire situation.