DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

I just wanted to mention that the names coming out seem to fall into two categories

1) actual terrible actions by the "wrestler"

2) was in charge (ie: promoter/trainer etc), were told things happened (or just knew) and took no action to stop

You decide how you want to process that but I wanted to give that context (especially as some names are being posted in this thread with no context what so ever.)

• Like 2

Now part of the reason I said that last post was because Progress put out a statement that was basically "We support you. We believe you." etc...

And immediately folks pointed out the way they handled (or didn't handle) the accusations against Jimmy Havoc in 2014

Yeah, if you’re going to throw a name out, it would be nice if you could link the tweet with the accusation, or at least sum it up.  Somebody mentioned Darby Allin, and then I had to go scour Twitter to figure out what the deal was, which wasn’t easy given what a shitshow wrestling Twitter is right now. (And it looks like the Darby accusation tweet has been deleted, anyway.)

• Thanks 1

Jim Cornette is saying this is all photoshopped screenshots and the Facebook convo is fake because her profile picture is new and it appears in the screenshots.

It's almost like the guy saved the messages on Facebook Messenger and just now took the screenshots which would explain why the profile picture is updated to a current one... How is his lawyer even entertaining this thought? How can you be on Twitter in 2020 and not have an understanding of social media and these things work?

5 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about the Will Ospreay covering up his friends alleged rape and helping to blackball the female wrestler who made the accusation from the business. Admitted this isn't a new story, but what can ya do.

Speaking of - PROGRESS' Twitter replies was some hot trash for about an hour or so, and of note, featured a small back and forth between their account and Pollyanna. Now they've deleted that tweet thread.

EDIT: Impact might be next? Someone already said they have stuff on Michael Elgin (not Moses Malone).

Edited by Casey

1 minute ago, RolandTHTG said:

If you could name the least likely name that you would expect to appear in this thread, who would it be?

For mine, Nikolai Volkoff.

Literally any wrestler from the 80's wouldn't surprise me past the surprise of it being from something that went down over 15 years ago.

I'd be moderately surprised/devastated if Ali or Bryan come up.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I guess if Kentucky employment law dissuades your boss from telling you to fuck his wife, we'll hear about it soon enough.

Don’t know state by state labor laws, but I’m pretty sure Kentucky is a Right to Cuck state. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

If you could name the least likely name that you would expect to appear in this thread, who would it be?

For mine, Nikolai Volkoff.

I mean the clear answer is Daniel Bryan.  If he shows up in this then we might as well just shut down the business

• Like 5

It is rather ironic that David Starr always wanted to be the guy to start this movement/revolution in British Wrestling.  Well he definitely did but man not in the way that he thought of and for his destruction not benefit.  But I am sure he will take credit for it

Edited by hammerva

7 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

+ Bobby Eaton, Molly Holly, Mustafa Ali

Mustafa Ali left the police department because he couldn't believe how crazy everyone was decided to become a professional wrestler.  That dude is going to have a must read autobiography.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5