DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

I’m not a fan of the defeatist ‘it’s such a sleazy business it always has been, we can’t blackball everyone, just don’t think about it and enjoy the show’ attitude coming out from some places.
Change does happen when people speak up and make it clear that there is no place for a type of behaviour. Look at the DeMott style hazing, that went from ‘suck it up, don’t be a pussy, aren’t you one of the boys?’ to ‘get that abusive shit out of here’ in short order.

• Like 16

Wrestling attracts strange people, whether in its locker rooms or in the audience.  In my short time reffing around my local indys I heard enough stories that put the sleaze thread to shame.

My now wife only ever came to 2 shows with me and was hit on 3 times by both wrestlers and other fans.  One of the wrestlers was later convicted of exposing himself to minors.  

I mean, even as recent as 2 months ago the hashtag #wrestlingtwitterafterdark was a thing and some of the content and subsequent comments were out of control.  It was the first hashtag I ever blocked on twitter as it was spamming up my timeline with girls (and guys) posting provocative pics and guys (and not as much girls) leaving gross comments.

Suspect that "The Jim Cornette Hotwife Experience" is a worse podcast episode than all of his unbearable current wrestling podcasts.

Would it be accurate to view the timeline of accusations being during Cornette's 2nd OVW run (2010-11) when he was also working with ROH? because Cornette wasn't married to Stacey until 2007 ("technically i'm asking you to fuck my longtime girlfriend, not my wife, you dumb fuck") and there were probably a limited number of people who were signed directly by OVW during the WWE years. Not to mention that WWE contract guys would have  more leverage to complain to the office than guys working in OVW in 2010.

Also gotta love how Cornette may or may not have had an entire marriage between his 1st and current marriage that isn't actually mentioned anywhere.

I was amazed when MeToo hit Hollwywood that somehow pro wrestling seemed to escape the glare given the gross stories that were common knowledge (Grizzly Smith), part of semi-accepted and even sometimes celebrated wrestling lore (Savage and Steph) Or he said/she said scuttlebutt (Kevin Dunn’s supposed comments on AJ).  So it is 100% overdue. 

Im still baffled that rock ‘n roll has largely avoided it given the groupie stories that have been going around since forever. 

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Scrolled through that account and that's some pretty disgusting stuff. I'm glad that these victims are getting a chance to be heard. 

One thing tho. The rapists, the stalkers, the abusers, the pedos...fuck em. Round them up and shoot them into the sun. But I don't think "he hit on me/tried to get me to hook up (with no assault involved)" with an adult is in the same league. That's just a thought I had as I read through the stories.

I agree with two caveats: One, if a dude is being creepy and crowding space and getting unwantedly touchy, that's a problem. Two, if a dude is trying to leverage a position of power to get together with someone. 

Or a non-dude, as with the Stacy Cornette example, for that matter. 

EDIT: Also, I've now seen Stacy Cornette's ass, and I'm still more disgusted by the "can't get on board with Mark Henry as a great worker" comment than anything else posted on this page.

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Suspect that "The Jim Cornette Hotwife Experience" is a worse podcast episode than all of his unbearable current wrestling podcasts.

Would it be accurate to view the timeline of accusations being during Cornette's 2nd OVW run (2010-11) when he was also working with ROH? because Cornette wasn't married to Stacey until 2007 ("technically i'm asking you to fuck my longtime girlfriend, not my wife, you dumb fuck") and there were probably a limited number of people who were signed directly by OVW during the WWE years. Not to mention that WWE contract guys would have  more leverage to complain to the office than guys working in OVW in 2010.

Also gotta love how Cornette may or may not have had an entire marriage between his 1st and current marriage that isn't actually mentioned anywhere.

Doing some research...it looks like you would be correct cause one person (The Bodyguy in OVW) corroborating this didn't debut until 2011. The other person is Michael Braddock (known as Michael Hayes in OVW) who is a multiple time OVW heavyweight champion. Sidenote: He's a Iraqi war vet who lost his leg during an IED blast. Apparently, Cornette's dislike for the whole one legged wrestler thing probably started with him. There is a Phil Early (I'm ASSUMING this is the same person who made the original accusation because the person's name is Phil Earley). However, I can't find anything that places him in OVW prior to 2019. He likely competed under a different name.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

9 minutes ago, Ace said:

Stacy Cornette would sexually harass OVW workers to sleep with her while Cornette watches, apparently.

Longer version: Allegedly, his wife came on to wrestlers so they can have sex and perform sexual acts on her w/ Jim watching. In addition, she sent unsolicited lewd photos to people. Jim was booking OVW at the time, and doing said acts was a prerequisite to getting a contract with OVW or to be on the shows. If anybody turned this down, Mrs. Cornette would go to her friend on the Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Commission to fuck with them and make their lives hell (seeing as this is a gov't entity, wouldn't that be illegal?). Anyway, some tire slashing was involved. This part intrigues me because fucking with people's cars is a Cornette thing to do (booger on Bischoff's windshield, the baseball bat thing w/ K.C. Connor that got him put him in jail). If anything, that gives some merit to this guy's story.

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That Twitter post from Faye is on I think the last page bud haha

I read it but I didn’t i don’t know “get it”. I knew it was Cornette’s wife but I wasn’t sure what was going on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

If you follow Snowboiii on twitter, he seems to be retweeting every My Story post. The latest one is about Jim Cornette. A few people are also tweeting lists, but they seem to be copying other people's lists without checking exactly why certain names are on there (Marty Scurll, Jimmy Havoc), and then clogging the timeline so the actual allegations (if they exist) get buried.

Jordan Devlin is apparently a domestic abuser and Will Ospreay allegedly got someone blacklisted for accusing one of his friends of rape.

That would be in reference to Pollyanna. Her story has been known for some time. She’s basically blackballed from British wrestling apparently.

Marty Scurll (and Joey Ryan) are listed because someone has accused them of being inappropriate with minors at after-show parties.

34 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Dude it's coming in faster than I can read it 

Plus, Twitter's format can be ass-backwards that you click on a link and if you don't click on "Read thread" you find yourself somewhere completely different.

It could be worse, though, it could be on Reddit!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It's hella funny just as I saw @EVA's reply up above, I was watching the WWF title match between HBK and DBS from IYH: Beware of Dog (aka God is the only thing that can shut down Vince McMahon) and Lawler's starts talking about accusations. Vince has the all time dagger when Lawler is clearly semi shooting about Vince sucking proverbial Shawn's dick at the time and not believing the (storyline) accusations.

Lawler: *going on and on and on" His own ex-partner said he only likes you if you're married.

Vince: I wouldn't give much validity to Marty Jannetty.

"Proverbial" might be doing a lot of heavy lifting here.