DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

6 minutes ago, D.Z said:

David Starr is getting canceled on twitter.

His ex accused him of being needy, manipulative, gaslighting, arrogant, deceitful, unfaithful, vindictive and a date rapist. He responded by admitting to everything except the rape part, which he denied.

Just now, AxB said:

His ex accused him of being needy, manipulative, gaslighting, arrogant, deceitful, unfaithful, vindictive and a date rapist. He responded by admitting to everything except the rape part, which he denied.

With a statement written "a week and a half ago".

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

He admitted all the shit that wouldn't hurt him and threw in a line "I am not a predator", otherwise completely eliding the accusation that would.

16 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

He admitted all the shit that wouldn't hurt him and threw in a line "I am not a predator", otherwise completely eliding the accusation that would.

His subsequent tweets did address the rape part. 

58 minutes ago, AxB said:

When you try to be the guy to call everyone on their BS, you run the risk of someone doing the same to you. Its Unfortunate because he was becoming one of my favorite indie wrestlers

• Like 2

Yeah, I think he's the best guy on the independents and has been for a long time. And yet, despite agreeing with most of his politics, this doesn't actually strike me as shocking. He's always struck me as a massive douche. Feels like we can't really like anybody these days without compartmentalizing their talents from how shitty they are. But of course that's nothing compared to the anguish he's caused people close to him, so... you know... perspective and all that.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Yeah, I think he's the best guy on the independents and has been for a long time. And yet, despite agreeing with most of his politics, this doesn't actually strike me as shocking. He's always struck me as a massive douche. Feels like we can't really like anybody these days without compartmentalizing their talents from how shitty they are. But of course that's nothing compared to the anguish he's caused people close to him, so... you know... perspective and all that.

As someone fairly close to his politics, I can tell you I've come across a number of people (not all of them men) in that realm who have been abusive assholes that used clout and fame and personal networks to evade responsibility for shit just like this, so it's certainly not something that becomes not-a-problem the farther out you go politically.

Someone who makes a big show of being performatively woke ends up being a scumbag. What a shock. He should change the line in his intro from "The Bernie Sanders of professional wrestling" to "The Louis CK of professional wrestling".

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

As someone fairly close to his politics, I can tell you I've come across a number of people (not all of them men) in that realm who have been abusive assholes that used clout and fame and personal networks to evade responsibility for shit just like this, so it's certainly not something that becomes not-a-problem the farther out you go politically.

So, he's like a lot of human beings regardless of belief structure or actions. We suck as a species.

• Like 2

Re: David Starr. Former anti-SJW BritWres guy turned Noncesmeller Pursuivant Karim Nabbach aka 'Sebastian' (see this for background) was making accusations a few weeks ago:

Sebastian may not seem like much, but he's got a lot of friends (Sabre Jnr and Jimmy Havoc were at his wedding last year iirc) and I think his voice carries some weight.

Starr is being stripped of belts. In a way, it sucks because 'WeTheIndependent' has been a reasonable force for good - hopefully they can deFeinstein like ROH once had to do (miss you Bob Barnett!).

Glancing at it, I now see Starr was using terms like Grey Rape which is basically just Date Rape by another name and writes like a victim shaming loon. So, yeah, he's done.

3 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Re: David Starr. Former anti-SJW BritWres guy turned Noncesmeller Pursuivant Karim Nabbach aka 'Sebastian' (see this for background) was making accusations a few weeks ago:

It's since been revealed that it was Candyfloss, who was 17, that Starr asked out for a drink. Not only creepy, but obviously she wasn't legally allowed to drink at the time either. 

• Sad 1

Guest Edwin

Seeing the dive indy Brit wrestling has taken in the last few hours -- NXT UK wasn't anywhere near the biggest problem.

Edited by Edwin

40 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Allegations of Mikey Whiplash sexually harrassing female workers are on twitter today as well.

Also El Ligero.

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

Also El Ligero.

Not new allegations, but I just became aware of another BritWres guy, a very known internatonal guy, being the subject of a lot of rumours a couple of years back.

Obviously we're being naive as fuck if we pretend wrestlers of yore were running a 'no rats under 18' policy, but the increasing involvement of teenage girls 'inside the business' has created a sexual exploitation problem for sure.

1 hour ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Not new allegations, but I just became aware of another BritWres guy, a very known internatonal guy, being the subject of a lot of rumours a couple of years back.

Obviously we're being naive as fuck if we pretend wrestlers of yore were running a 'no rats under 18' policy, but the increasing involvement of teenage girls 'inside the business' has created a sexual exploitation problem for sure.

I remember Meltzer on WOR a year or so ago mentioned that after The Wrestler came out that he had a conversation with a prominent wrestler about how they didn't take it far enough in their depiction of how seedy and disgusting wrestling is because the random hookup in the bathroom would've been an underage girl if they were wanting to accurately depict wrestling, or wrestling from the territory days, I forget which (let's face it, wrestling then, now, and hopefully not forever). I sincerely doubt Jerry Lawler was the only one with a predilection for younger girls.

Edited by Oyaji