DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 6/17/2020

Dolfan in NYC

This may be the last NXT** for  a while!   

On tap:

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Imperium vs. Breezango

FOR THE WWE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Boss/Hug Connection (c) vs. Shotzi Blackheart/Tegan Nox

Also, the Karrion Kross Klock continues to tick on Adam Cole's call up to the main roster... NXT Championship reign. 

--

EDIT -- NEXT WEEK may be the last episode for a while...

Sasha has her bumping shoes on.  You can tell she loved every second of that match.  I can totally see them doing an Io/Sasha match if they're trying to counter-program Fyter Fest which it totally seems like.

Santos did look pretty awesome and that table spot looked pretty nasty.  First hour was a big slow, but the show definitely picked up the second hour.

Santos Escobar is awesome. That was a good promo, and his team carries themselves well with their look and attitude.

Curious where they go with Dream and Lumis. Lumis wanting a team is interesting.

If Lee isn't double champ by the end of July then they are truly moronic barring some sort of injury or incident screwing things up. This is something that really should have happened 3-5 months ago, but I will take what I can get if Lee finally becomes double champ.

Reed/Kross for next should be fun. I dug Reed picking up his squash victim to help him to the back. Its a little thing but neat in terms of a good sport.

Kayden/Dakota was nice while it lasted.

Its good to see them moving forward in the Robert Brand/Aliyah story. The lack of Chelsea anywhere though just feels odd after she fired him.

Io attacking Sasha and Bayley post match was neat. They better not have teased that for no reason. I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get Io vs. both in singles.

This show was weirdly angle heavy. Only the tag titles matches got solid time. Thought both of those were solid-good. Only wish the main event had actual build to it beforehand.

Keith Lee as double champ.

Lose both belts in a double fall triple threat (Ala Angle at Mania 16) with Kross and Escobar at Rumble Takeoever.

Win the Rumble.

Beat Drew Mac at Mania for the WWE Title.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Lose both belts in a double fall triple threat (Ala Angle at Mania 16) with Kross and Escobar at Rumble Takeoever.

Win the Rumble.

??????????????

• Like 3

Santos Escobar's promo was hot fire.   I think this is what we wanted from the Alberto Del Rio gimmick.

Dakota Kai's execution of the elevated gutbuster as a finisher left a little to be desired, but the arm trap / neck crank submission she used last night was pretty fucking sweet.  Now she just needs to tool her spots to set up the psychology for her finisher. 

Kross needs to go ahead and kill Cole and take his belt as soon as possible so I can get my champ vs. champ kaiju big battle between Lee and Kross.  I feel that they will put Keith's strap on Gargano before Keith challenges Kross.

Drunken Robert Stone is the best.   It is like that period of DDP's career where he was working the bankrupt and homeless gimmick.

Edited by J.T.

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Santos Escobar's promo was hot fire.   I think this is what we wanted from the Alberto Del Rio gimmick.

Dakota Kai's execution of the elevated gutbuster as a finisher left a little to be desired, but the arm trap / neck crank submission she used last night was pretty fucking sweet.  Now she just needs to tool her spots to set up the psychology for her finisher.

Kross needs to go ahead and kill Cole and take his belt as soon as possible so I can get my champ vs. champ kaiju big battle between Lee and Kross.  I feel that they will put Keith's strap on Gargano before Keith challenges Kross.

Drunken Robert Stone is the best.   It is like that period of DDP's career where he was working the bankrupt and homeless gimmick.

Based on last night the theory of Keith losing his belt to Gargano then challenging Kross after Kross beats Cole doesn’t work. Unless Gargano wins the 3-Way then loses to Cole (thus giving Cole both belts). 

I could see a world in which Keith wins next week, beats Cole, then gets cheated out of the North American title before the next Takeover where he’d then defend the NXT title vs Kross.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, L_W_P said:

Win the Rumble.

Chronicles of the Sea Dragon On Sale Today | StarWarp Concepts