DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Big Show's 30th Turn Celebration - 6/15/2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Whether he connected or not, I don’t think they’d put a non-cleared performer in that situation if they didn’t get the all clear from their medical staff. Plus what does it achieve? It’s Christian, so you’d think it would further the Orton/Edge stuff, but Edge is out for the rest of the year probably.

I would wager we get a serious voiced medical update on Christian that will not use the word "concussion" but will say something like 'head contusion'.  Then when Edge is healthy enough for the a rematch, Christian will come out to help him win, and together they give Orton a Con-chair-to.   {Vince Russo alternative, Christian comes back and helps Orton win, revealing that he was faking the injury all along}

People are sleeping on the number of Natalya turns - gotta be pretty high by this point. I guess having Lana manage her might freshen her up but hard to see it going anywhere. I saw 'Miro and CJ' get a visit from a chiropractor on my YouTube feed a few days ago, it was always going to be a struggle to get anyone to look past that relationship - and it's not like WWE doesn't generally recognise rl relationships. That said, I am not sure she really adds much value to Miro's act at this point - maybe I don't get TikTok or something but not really sure what she brings to WWE.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kenyabaxterZXW said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm actually astonished it's taken this long for one of the NXT people to figure out "I need to maximize the 8 seconds I'm on TV".  

Nearly breaking Seth is a good way to do so. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, username said:

So perhaps the commentary was just plain wrong on this but they were acting like if MVP got the pin he would be champion, and if so then I am so lost by how Lashley worked much of that match. Being cool with MVP going for pins, tagging him back in right near the end just makes so little sense in a way that even WWE usually doesn't get this wrong.

I wouldn’t put it past MVP, as Lashley’s agent, to not tell Lashley about that stipulation.

For somebody that may or may not get de-pushed soon at least Apollo finally got a better theme out of all this.  Also like that they're finally having Bobby ditch Lana as MVP is a helluva manager.  Though her with Natalya is an odd pairing if you don't know about Nattie actually being Lana's mentor (at least according to Total Divas)

And I oddly missed seeing actual fans in the crowd though of all the times to bring some back it's during the mess WWE's gotten themselves in.

If I'm Asuka, I don't think I am agreeing to let Nia do more than a side headlock on me.   Powerbomb on the floor, gitdafuckoutofhere.

Man, I love me some Angel Garza getting girls to prison visit kiss the glass.  Half expecting Charly to reenact Billy's girl visits him in prison scene from midnight express one week.

I'm trying figure out if Tozawa is being smug or is in love with Super sized black ninja.

I would have been fine with them having the profits turning heel and joining up with mvp, i think his promo work has been on point with Lashley who I don't care about otherwise.   I don't see the need to have the raiders as nordic heavy machinery.

33 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

If I'm Asuka, I don't think I am agreeing to let Nia do more than a side headlock on me.   Powerbomb on the floor, gitdafuckoutofhere.

They have wrestled each other numerous times before with no issues.

Watched the last hour and a half, This is the first raw I've really watched any of since April of last year.. I started watching from Apollo vs Shelton on. I thought that match was a tad too short. I actually liked all the Truth-Drew stuff backstage with Truth trying to help and just making things worse. The tag match was pretty good Drew and Truth are on the same page ... for now. Sasha looked absolutely flawless in the orange outfit, me-ow. Nia vs Asuka was pretty good. What the fuck was Orton vs Christian? why even do it if its gonna be a minute? And why Flair? Why?

I wonder if WWE have enough self awareness to really run with the Big Show face/heel turn meme.

Have him start turning every other week and then finally build to a RAW where he turns 3 or 4 times in one night.

Bray can retire him in the Funhouse with a match that sees Show turn no less than 10 times as he -

Faces a the Yeti (in a Monster truck)
Puts on, then loses, about 100 pounds.
Murders Kurt Angle
Is KO'd by Floyd Mayweather for a near fall.
Is thrown out of the ring by Akebono for a close count out.
Cries

The finish finally comes as The Fiend attempts a Superplex, Show fights him off, goes for a Moonsault and the ring explodes.

Bray then returns to declare The Fiend the winner by forfeit/TKO.

I actually really liked this episode. For all the talk of people not getting pushed with Pritchard taking over, besides the Main Event crew of Cedric, Ricochet and Bianca, who on Raw would get pushed at the expense of younger guys? Orton is occupied, we don't take Big Show serious at this point, I can't think of someone that would be depushed at this point. Would KO or Rey slide into the main event? I don't think they'll throw Seth back into it at this point.

Also those chiropractor vids are nuts. I watched the Lashley one like a month ago. Also, I like that Miro still refers to Lashley as Bob. 

Edited by Ramo2653