DVDVR Message Board

SDL is DB vs AJ for the IC - 6/12/2020

The Natural

The finals of the WWE Intercontinental Championship tournament tonight as Daniel Bryan wrestles AJ Styles. I'm looking forward to this as Daniel Bryan's the Greatest of All Time and AJ Styles is a great wrestler in his own right. I've liked all but one of the Bryan vs. Styles matches in WWE with the best of them at TLC 2018, I gave the full five ***** for.

See the source image

I'm hoping the match gets the time it needs and goes long. I fancy Daniel Bryan to regain the WWE Intercontinental Championship and defend regularly. I thought that was the plan when Bryan first won it at WrestleMania XXXI as John Cena's WWE United States Championship Open Challenge in 2015 but Bryan had to relinquish the belt due to injury.

Edited by The Natural

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay, that title's a WEE bit long. I get you're excited, but...

I edited same time as you. Least it's day/month/year as it's done in the UK. The right format ;).

Edited by The Natural
EDIT: Well it was for a brief period!

That take is far too hot.  Please wait for the internet police who are coming to arrest you.

Imagine thinking Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are better wrestlers than Edge & Randy Orton...  Total cringe bro.  Total.  

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

You guys have no faith in the WWE's editing crew. They'll make Edge/Orton look like Savage/Steamboat by the time they're done.

I have plenty of faith in the editing crew.

I don't have it in the final cut.

Did you see that girl yawning during Bryan vs A J? Front row, on the side where the commentary table was? It looked like she was checking her phone at one point as well. Either it was great character work because she's an aloof heel, or she's getting a massive bollocking right now.

I don't know what the hell they are going with Hardy and Sheamus. They could at least make this a street fight or something on Sunday to make it somewhat interesting.

Bryan vs. AJ was a damn great match. I see why it was on tonight. How the hell would Orton/Edge compete with that?

• Like 1

Styles/Bryan was terrific. My new WWE MOTY. Loved Bryan selling the arm and leg damage including shaking his leg in the German Suplex spot. The running knee countered to the Styles Clash was so well done. Eexcellent match.

• Like 1

AJ v Daniel Bryan was the best WWE match this year.  Randy & Edge’s only hope is that they super impose their heads onto Flair v Steamboat or at least Taker v Shawn.

Brawn Strowmans “there’s a lot going on around here” promo was less like a promo and more like a throw to an ad break.  He might has well have ended it with “tune in after the break to find out what happens next”.

Man poor Tucker, definitely the third wheel in that team, nowhere near the charisma of Otis, nowhere near the size of Braun. He looked like such a goof (apart from the blocked armdrag slam on Morrison, that was neat).

• Like 1

Is Bayley's cut getting more aggressive? She for sure wants to speak to the manager now. Dope jacket though.

Bryan vs. AJ was pretty dope. 

Does anyone know who the black lady with the blonde braids is? She was on the right side of the screen in the aisle. She's too tall to be Kayden Carter.

They were doing a lot of longterm selling... for a while. But it went from being a story of My Arm vs Your Leg, to being a story of My Leg vs Your Arm. So both guys should have been selling the whole left side at the end. Or maybe changed it up and have someone started working neck or stomach instead.

I mean, WWE house style, whilst it does incorporate some of the "Working limb X can prevent the opponent from executing big move Y", usually it's a set-up to them actually hitting move Y later, but not being able to cover right away. Usually WWE style is more about wear down moves building to a submission attempt (that the opponent survives), and ultimately inducing fatigue more than anything else.

• Like 1

Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles was fantastic save for all the commercial breaks. It could just be me, but i feel like when WWE would do a longer form match like this, they wouldn't have so many commercial breaks spread throughout. This one had a lot. Just wish that was better timed.

Other than that, it was a great match. I was happy to see AJ bust out the springboard inverted DDT again. I'm not too concerned about Daniel Bryan losing right now. He doesn't really need a secondary title at this point. He's pretty much a made man. I think you can use AJ Styles to put over a younger up and coming star for the title at some point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles was fantastic save for all the commercial breaks. It could just be me, but i feel like when WWE would do a longer form match like this, they wouldn't have so many commercial breaks spread throughout. This one had a lot. Just wish that was better timed.

Other than that, it was a great match. I was happy to see AJ bust out the springboard inverted DDT again. I'm not too concerned about Daniel Bryan losing right now. He doesn't really need a secondary title at this point. He's pretty much a made man. I think you can use AJ Styles to put over a younger up and coming star for the title at some point.

There's very little chance of it happening but it would be great if WWE put Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles commericial free on YouTube. For a brief time WWE posted the John Cena vs. CM Punk February 2013 RAW match when Punk hit Cena with a Piledriver on YouTube ad free.

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

There's very little chance of it happening but it would be great if WWE put Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles commericial free on YouTube. For a brief time WWE posted the John Cena vs. CM Punk February 2013 RAW match when Punk hit Cena with a Piledriver on YouTube ad free.

Nobody expected the Piledriver as it's banned by WWE. Listen to that crowd reaction and the commentators.

Edited by The Natural