DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 11: Eye vs. Calvillo (06/13/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

20 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Aguilera has crazy hand speed and power.

I saw Aguilera on a LFA show (I believe it was one at Morongo in Cabazon, CA), and it was a highlight reel win. I think he fought again LFA (which I didn't see) and lost in a step up in competition. Maybe someone in the UFC thought he still deserves a shot. Can't argue with that decision now even though he was facing essentially another regional fighter.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

This is what Tyson Nam can do.

Besides Francisco Rivera in the past and a select few others, Nam is probably the only guy at 135 and below who has that great eraser. When he was outside the UFC, he upset the apple cart many times as sort of a hardened road warrior by just knocking guys out. 

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I picked Avila by first round TKO so I'm not shocked by this outcome. Mazany is not a UFC level fighter.

I checked the Pick Em all 3 of us Did. So we all got 3 points with that fight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whoa, Espinosa looked so great. Landing over 100 strikes in that first round, like what? And his striking was so accurate, powerful, and quick. Only thing I didn't like was his backing straight up with his chin up and head back when pressured. 

And yeah, Agapova looked good. Went in recklessly with her head right there but Ciphers was no threat. Good hands and that head kick came out of nowhere. 

That was not good but expected. Calvillo doesn't have the athleticism to takedown Shevchenko from what I'm looking at, unless she times a counter takedown perfectly, but she's probably the second best in the division. 

• Like 1

Agapova did look excellent, as expected. Total badass and exudes charisma, hope she continues to do well here, I was getting some Joanna vibes from her last night. Still hope Shockwave is able to bounce back too. Great win from Avila too with the super quick TKO.  

1 minute ago, DreamBroken said:

Agapova did look excellent, as expected. Total badass and exudes charisma, hope she continues to do well here, I was getting some Joanna vibes from her last night. Still hope Shockwave is able to bounce back too. Great win from Avila too with the super quick TKO.  

On that note, Alex Davis had an interesting tweet about Agapova:

People already see money written all over her.

• Like 2

• RIPPA unpinned this topic