DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 6/10/2020

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

A fisherman's suplex?  Or am I missing something?

The double arm Back Cracker but with one foot instead of two knees. Although the one time I saw Xia do it, the opponent took it like a reverse Monkey Flip. Which might actually be a better move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Man, them ratings is shit, innit? Was a show without much hype so I get it but damn.

You have to look deeper into the ratings. AEW actually jumped 13 spots in the key demo and ranked 14th on the night. NXT jumped 10 spots from 45 to 35. After a brief respite a couple weeks ago, the news on every cable news channel is back to dominating. There's only about 5 other non-news related shows ahead of AEW. Actually, AEW is tied for 13th and had more viewers than Blockers, which was on FX.

It's crazy that the Challenge is 1st on the night. I used to love the Challenge, but I feel like I don't know anyone on it anymore and I don't think MTV is carried on YTTV anyway.

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, the only problem I had with the women's match was the legdrop spot.  Usually Nyla gutdrapes the victim really hard over the rope so that the face has the excuse to be there gasping for air and waiting to get bombed.  This time Nyla ginergly draped Kris and Shida over the top rope and they were obviously waiting to get hit.

Usually implies that someone maybe chatted to Nyla about being too stiff but given the unhealthy knee strikes I've seen Shida and Statlander deliver to downed opponents in the past, that would be bit pot kettle black.

The only worker I've seen remotely sell that spot like it should be sold is Riho, so maybe Nyla should abandon it for the time being.

I was waiting for Scrape by Unsane to kick in during Darby's skateboard bail montage.

Yes, that would have been awesome!

Cassidy being the 15 year old version of Hager had me dying, I literally fell off my seat laughing so hard. Kudos to Jericho, he was killing it all night while at the booth, imo

Had a laugh at Sammy and Hardy. Soon as Matt was Broken, Sammy just bailed tfo like he was going to get Kenny'd again 

FTR v B&B, when Wheeler faked the shoulder injury and then went for the roll up pin seconds later, that was slick. I'll echo the idea that B&B might work best as muscle for a guy. Not hired thugs, but a faction, ideally.

I'm onboard for Janella/Kiss. Odd Couple tag teams can bring out the best of each other sometimes. Booker T-Golddust, Team Hell No, Bagwell and Norton are my kind of examples, and maybe these two can spin off some exciting matches and stories ?

Edited by Hayabusa
Lance Storm/Candido, Tajiri/Regal are other odd couples I loved
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hayabusa said:

'm onboard for Janella/Kiss. Odd Couple tag teams can bring out the best of each other sometimes. Booker T-Golddust, Team Hell No, Bagwell and Norton are my kind of examples, and maybe these two can spin off some exciting matches and stories ?

Well, they're both Jersey guys which was brought up when they teamed together on Dark. 

And what's funny is this is happening a day after I hoped for better things for Sonny. Whether it's Tony or somebody else I would sure love to shake the hand of whoever's reading this topic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Man, them ratings is shit, innit? Was a show without much hype so I get it but damn.

Without even going into the demographics bit, you’ve also gotta factor in that unless it’s basketball, nothing else on TNT really ever does that great in the ratings. 14th most watched show of the night, and everything ahead of it is mainly, what, news programs and reality TV? Again, I’m sure TNT would be thrilled if it was pulling in 1mil+ every week, but I don’t think they’re bummed about these numbers either. If it wasn’t Dynamite on their channel, they’d just be airing the first Godzilla movie or whatever and not even ranking for the night.

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

You have to look deeper into the ratings. AEW actually jumped 13 spots in the key demo and ranked 14th on the night. NXT jumped 10 spots from 45 to 35. After a brief respite a couple weeks ago, the news on every cable news channel is back to dominating. There's only about 5 other non-news related shows ahead of AEW. Actually, AEW is tied for 13th and had more viewers than Blockers, which was on FX.

It's crazy that the Challenge is 1st on the night. I used to love the Challenge, but I feel like I don't know anyone on it anymore and I don't think MTV is carried on YTTV anyway.

Also, I suspect the news might hit AEW's viewership a lot harder given the political leanings of AEW fans compared to WWE fans.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AxB said:

The double arm Back Cracker but with one foot instead of two knees. Although the one time I saw Xia do it, the opponent took it like a reverse Monkey Flip. Which might actually be a better move.

Yeah I mentioned it by name in my post aka the Wing Breaker but I didn't explain what it was.

10 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

FTR v B&B, when Wheeler faked the shoulder injury and then went for the roll up pin seconds later, that was slick.

That was an ode to Bret. He won a few matches feigning injury to instead sneak in a roll up.

Edited by Wyld Samurai
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

That was an ode to Bret. He won a few matches feigning injury to instead sneak in a roll up.

Yep.  They literally name dropped Bret on commentary when he did it.

I selfishly want more good wrestlers to leave WWE so I can watch them again.  ?

• Like 5

I can't believe I forgot to mention it but I really loved Brandi's jacket with the Pride/BLM patches on there.  Really cool to see that and it appears she's auctioning that off for a good cause as well.

• Like 4

I think when we look at the ratings week to week, we are partially underestimating the impact the pandemic has had on wrestling TV shows, not to mention wrestling being without genuine live crowds and packed houses. 

10 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I loved the arm flap before the roll-up. Getting some momentum on a roll up is silly but I’m a fan.

I didn't see that as gaining momentum. Rather, popping up and demonstrating dramatically that's not injured and what a clever lad he is. He's showing off. 

• Like 1

FTR/Butcher&Blade was good stuff, great showcase for FTR with all the double team moves. Loved Arn & Tully both happen to be scouting from the same general area. Matt Jackson's intense serious voice was amusing. Always enjoy these women's tags.

Broken Matt will always be hilarious to me. "SAMUEL!"  Solid main event and win for Cody.

• Like 4