DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Everyone Hates Charlotte - 6/8/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Nice that they gave Asuka and Charlotte about 35 minutes so that Nia Jax could fuck it up at the end.

Oh, and again, more IIconics actually beating people up, please.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder if Jax injured Charlotte instead of Sane over and over, they would finally send her to the minors for training? 

Vince would load her into a cannon and shoot her to the moon.

I would love to see a Christian comeback. But he knows Vince hates him so why bother. He would make a great heel manager for someone though.

Charlotte vs. Asuka is pretty much the reason I made it through the whole show. That would have been an amazing big ppv match. Please don't let Nia win on Sunday.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This ?? comeback ?? should ?? be ?? for ??Christian ?? NOT ?? Edge ??

I saw an interview with Christian the other day where he said he understands people want him back like Edge, but his injury was different from Edge's and he doesn't think it's worth the risk to return and is at peace with his retirement.

That main event was terrific, was watching it on a slight delay on the DVR and thought "Wow, they're actually going to have a finish because the show is almost over and there's not enough time for a run-in" then realized that I was reading how much time was left was wrong, and, alas, then came Nia...

Drew and Asuka as vicious, stiff killers who like to joke around is a weird thing for the two world champs to have in common.  I like this sudden realization that "Hey, the women seem to be doing well and someone greenlit women's tag titles...why aren't we using them?!" and all of a sudden you have this weird renewed focus on them.

I actually really LOVE the plexiglass, because it gives an all-new thing for people to smash each other into and it sounds great and violent on TV.  I'd be inclined to keep it around past the pandemic.

• Like 2

It was nice to see the women get the opening and the main event. That said, the triple threat tag while fun felt kind of dumb to do with another coming on Sunday for the belts and none of the people involved in that match actually winning this one.

The Raiders/Profits contests continue to be weird things I find slightly amusing but more awkward than anything else. I've been ready to move on from them for a few weeks now.  Really hope we go into a proper tag titles match soon.

Drew/Lashley continues to be the most interesting I have found both in a long while. I hope MVP continues to be Lashley's manager for a while after this. 

As nice as Charlotte/Asuka always is I do wish they didn't do it again so soon. The attack from Nia was predictable. I just wish it came after an Asuka victory. The finish look off since it seemed like Asuka kicked out just barely.

So where has Shayna disappeared to?

I understand why the booking gets people mad, but in terms of her performance Charlotte’s been on a hell of a run these last few months. Having that Takeover main event, and tonight’s main event as well as an entertaining tag match (she and Asuka are very funny as mismatched partners) within 24 hours says a lot.

• Like 2

I can't be the only one that hoped The Street Profits being out there for that tag match was going to lead to a heel turn and a New Nation with Lashley & MVP.  (And Bianca)

Maybe call it BLM - Bobby Lashley Matters.

That faction would rule. 

4 hours ago, caley said:

I saw an interview with Christian the other day where he said he understands people want him back like Edge, but his injury was different from Edge's and he doesn't think it's worth the risk to return and is at peace with his retirement.

Wasn't it concussions that ended Christian's career? 

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Drew/Lashley continues to be the most interesting I have found both in a long while. I hope MVP continues to be Lashley's manager for a while after this. 

I tweeted last night that I hope their match Sunday is legit great. I enjoyed the MVP/Lashley vs Raiders tag last night. I like this new aggressive heel Lashley, and he and Drew can have just an all out entertaining slugfest. Also, it's the one match that might benefit from WWE's usual fanbase not being in attendance because there won't be some preconceived notion around Lashley that we should just be bored the entire time or drown out the match with RUSEV DAY chants.

• Like 1

The way the subject cut off on my screen was "Everyone hates Char..."

And I was like Charly? Really????

Charlotte made a lot more sense but didn't make me laugh as much

• Haha 1

WWE's gotten in the bad habit of setting up a new feud while a match for the other feud hasn't even happened yet.  With how much they're harping on "Asuka has never beaten Charlotte", logic would dictate that Asuka's finally beating Flair at the next PPV.  But then again, Vince is going to Vince.

10 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

If you had “Charlotte laughs off a loss” in post-PPV bingo, congrats.

To be fair, the “What’s Charlotte going to do after a loss?” bingo card is pretty much just one giant free space that says “laugh it off.”

10 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Nice that they gave Asuka and Charlotte about 35 minutes so that Nia Jax could fuck it up at the end.

This is some sort of kayfabe-adjacent reaction. You’re mad at the interference, which they wanted, and mad because someone robbed you of the desired finish, which again is what they wanted, but your anger is directed at the company instead of the heel, which clearly isn’t the desired outcome.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The way the subject cut off on my screen was "Everyone hates Char..."

And I was like Charly? Really????

Charlotte made a lot more sense but didn't make me laugh as much

To be fair plenty of people hate Charly too. You have Zelina, Sasha, Bayley, the IIconics,  etc. Charly went through that period last year where she was kind of dick in interviews. Bayley had to hold Sasha back from kicking her ass at least once or twice and that was when they were still faces.

Edited by Eivion
  • Haha 3

Charlotte's a conceited, spoiled brat who thinks she is the greatest women's wrestler of all-time. And in kayfabe (and even in reality), she really could be. She's had 12 title reigns in her career. How else is she supposed to act after a loss, especially one where she wasn't pinned for a title she does not want to attempt to regain? You brush it off and move on knowing you've beaten everyone there is to beat. Ric was always shaking off losses if he thought they were a fluke. 

I keep on saying this. Charlotte should always be at the top of the division. Has anyone else had more MOTYCs than her over the past three years -- either women or men? She's been in a bunch of not just awesome matches, but truly iconic matches. She's an athletic freak. She's a really good promo with otherworldly presence and the daughter of the most beloved wrestler of all-time and carries on his legacy of heeling. 

I look at the Women's Division sort of like how men's tennis has been over the past decade. The Four Horsewomen are like Federer/Nadal/Novak/Murray (before his injuries). Asuka's like Stan Wawrinka (three majors and some dominant stretches). Alexa doesn't have an exact comp since she's won titles, but I think you can compare her to Danil Medvedev -- not quite the talent as the others, but dripping in personality. Shayna is also any of the other young guns, since she hasn't had a breaktrhough main roster title win yet. Kari Sane is Gael Monfils - incredibly flashy and entertaining, but not a serious threat for a singles title. As great as Sasha is, I'll also take a comparison for her as Nick Kyrgios when she's being pouty. 

• Like 2

The issue with Charlotte isn't a lack of talent it's that everyone she feuds with is worse off after feuding with her.  Rhea Ripley, we aren't even talking about her anymore. She had a ton of momentum but that's over for now.  Charlotte didn't help the NXT women's division at all.  They didn't need her. Now on RAW Asuka is champion again and the only person they can find for her to fight is Charlotte, again.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The issue with Charlotte isn't a lack of talent it's that everyone she feuds with is worse off after feuding with her.  Rhea Ripley, we aren't even talking about her anymore. She had a ton of momentum but that's over for now.  Charlotte didn't help the NXT women's division at all.  They didn't need her. Now on RAW Asuka is champion again and the only person they can find for her to fight is Charlotte, again.  

Well, not quite. There's Nia Jax.