DVDVR Message Board

You Can't Do That On Smackdown! - 6/5/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Congrats to Bayley Two Belts!

Between this and the Fast Times at Otis High sketch, Pritchard is clearly just pitching things he knows Vince has never seen as original ideas. 

• Like 1

I generally think of Miz and Morrison together as completely annoying and rather useless but I thought they were pretty entertaining tonight. Kayla aced her role also.

Guest Edwin

Gulak/Styles was a very good TV match. AJ was packing some heat behind those forearms. The finish was unexpected and just made it even better.

Has any angle been stretched out longer than The Boss and Hug Connection exploding?  I get that they want a crowd there when Sasha finally turns on Bayley and wins the title, so it feels like giving them the tag titles is to prolong that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Has any angle been stretched out longer than The Boss and Hug Connection exploding?  I get that they want a crowd there when Sasha finally turns on Bayley and wins the title, so it feels like giving them the tag titles is to prolong that.

Which one is Hogan and which one is Orndorff? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one that thinks this whole Daniel Bryan/Drew Gulak thing is a bad knockoff of Cody Rhodes current character?

Cody has Arn Anderson as his coach since October. Bryan randomly gets Gulak as his coach.

Cody wins the TNT title, and promises to defend the belt weekly on TV to build its prestige, and give under appreciated guys a shot. Tonight Bryan says he wants to win the IC title to give under appreciated guys a shot, and defend it weekly on Smackdown. 

But yeah WWE (Namely Vince) don’t pay any attention to AEW. ?

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

I legit read that as the Boss Hog Connection 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Sonya/Lacey was nice. Trash talking heel Sonya has been good.

AJ/Gulak was nice. Glad to see Gulak win.

New Day/Gable vs. Nakamura/Cesaro/Mojo was solid. Dug the finish

The Miz/Morrison trying to ruin Braun's life stuff was a mixed bag. Dug them dropping the slime on poor Kayla by accident and its always nice to see Braun flip over vehicles.

Bayley/Sasha vs. Alexa/Nikki was good though I'm uncertain about them winning the belts. Unless this leads to Boss n Hug Connection vs. Kabuki Warriors then it seems like an unnecessary switch. Really hope they remember these belts can be defended in NXT. Would love to see Raquel/Dakota & Kacy/Kayden go for the belts at some point.

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

I'm torn because i actually love the two as a heel team, but it definitely feels like things should have broken down already. At the very least they should have ended Bayley's reign already. 

It's funny to me that they wanted to do Sasha/Bayley in Boston with Sasha as the face bc they were afraid that's the only place she was gonna be over. 

No Forgotten Sons this week. Hmmmm.

I love Otis so much. There's no add on. I just fucking love Otis. Makes me laugh. 

Fuck Braun Strowman.

Edited by just drew

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm torn because i actually love the two as a heel team, but it definitely feels like things should have broken down already. At the very least they should have ended Bayley's reign already. 

not as torn as I'll be when Boss & Hug defend against The IIconics

5 hours ago, Peck said:

I generally think of Miz and Morrison together as completely annoying and rather useless

Morrison = in AAA with his wife

Miz = on NWA POWERRRRRRR

Should I really flip to the AJ/Gulak match on the DVR or just erase the show? 

EDIT: Okay the tag matches look good, this one might stick around

Edited by Curt McGirt

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Should I really flip to the AJ/Gulak match on the DVR or just erase the show? 

EDIT: Okay the tag matches look good, this one might stick around

The only match probably worth skipping is Otis/Baron and even that was generally fine. The other matches were solid-good.

8 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

Tonight Bryan says he wants to win the IC title to give under appreciated guys a shot, and defend it weekly on Smackdown. 

I'm pretty sure this is what Bryan wanted to do with the IC title in 2015.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Bayley/Banks celebrating with a callback to WrestleMania XXXV, allegedly.

I didn't watch Smackdown tonight, but that video was epic.

Also, did Kayla Braxton say, "I don't know?"

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 3