DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 6/3/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Drake/Fantasma was good. Drake sold like  a bastard for Fantasma. Glad he got his job back but HHH coming out as the good cop to give him a new contract is going to piss the usual people off. Wish Drake would have won because Fantasma winning came off like a afterthought.

Great to see Breezongo back.

Why the FUCK did Keith Lee just randomly stick his arm behind the ring steps before Gargano kicked them???  That was possibly the most mind-boggling and stupid spot I've ever seen in my life. 

• Like 1

Candice/Mia was kind of just there until the count out interference and restart turning it into a mixed tag. 

The Dream/Cole vid did little for me though artist Dexter Lumis was mildly amusing.

Aliyah/Santana was nice while it lasted. Loved Stone coming out all disheveled pulling for Aliyah. Not sure though why we didn't just give Aliyah the win and make her Stone's new client. Doesn't feel Santana will really get anything out of winning here so its kind of disappointing they are dragging things out.

Breezango returning was a welcome surprise. Looking forward to them vs. Imperium.

The vid for Charlotte, Io, & Rhea was pretty nice. Thought all three looked good and it sold them all pretty well. 

Drake/Fantasma was good. Kind of surprised Fantasma was't revealed as the mastermind of the mysterious luchadore kidnappers. Drake gettign the contract from HHH was nice to see. I'm curios if they re-signed him earlier or if they actually waited till that moment.

• Like 2

I kinda like the idea of Robert being fearful of losing any of his charges now that Chelsea abandoned him after winning one tag match, it could be a fun story. And that triple threat hype vid was pretty great—it would be nice if they main event on Sunday.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Drake/Fantasma was good. Kind of surprised Fantasma was't revealed as the mastermind of the mysterious luchadore kidnappers. Drake gettign the contract from HHH was nice to see. I'm curios if they re-signed him earlier or if they actually waited till that moment.

I tend to think the former since a contract signed unread under those dubious circumstances would be a bit dubious, McDevitt or no McDevitt.

If they now do a humiliation angle with Maverick, where the contract had all sorts of nasty clauses in it, that would be both disappointing and exactly what you'd expect them to do (given their track record).

The Drake thing is so dumb and sleazy.  If he was going to stick around, he should have won.  That’s a satisfying payoff to the story that actually puts him over.  When he loses but HHH comes out to sign him anyway, that just puts WWE over.  Which...of course that’s what they would do.  But making themselves the hero in the end, when they’re the ones who fired him in the middle of a pandemic to begin with, is just greasy as fuck.  Really hammers home that they just exploited him to make themselves look less monstrous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, EVA said:

The Drake thing is so dumb and sleazy.  If he was going to stick around, he should have won.  That’s a satisfying payoff to the story that actually puts him over.  When he loses but HHH comes out to sign him anyway, that just puts WWE over.  Which...of course that’s what they would do.  But making themselves the hero in the end, when they’re the ones who fired him in the middle of a pandemic to begin with, is just greasy as fuck.  Really hammers home that they just exploited him to make themselves look less monstrous.

I echo all this. Thanks, @EVA.

Absolutely love the storytelling of the Cruiserweight Championship Tournament, it'll probably go down as amongst my favorites.

Did my zany fanbooking of El Hijo being the mastermind actually come true?!

The Charlotte/Io/Rhea package was great.
djarcCA.jpg