DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite 6/3/20 - First TNT Title Defense

I feel like they really gotta give Cage a big win going into Fyter Fest. It already feels like Moxley faced a midcard guy in Brodie Lee and now Cage, who I enjoy, but I imagine is not perceived as a big deal as of right now. Don't love the injecting a new heel right into a title program generally speaking.

Every time I see/type Fyter Fest, I cannot stop thinking of Omega's goofy voice overs from last year's inaugural FF. FAItur FEHST~!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One thing I think Dynamite could do better is to stop starting off every episode with the commentators telling you what's about to happen. Show, don't tell. Start it off with a brawl, or a match about to begin, you've got plenty of time to show a few match graphics for later. This was very apparent this week when they started with "wanting to capitalise on the momentum from last week's Tyson appearance" and then proceeded to talk at me for 5 minutes.

Tony: AEW has the best tag teams in the world.

Cash: .... now.

That cracked me up!

I really dug the TNT TItle match. The blood wasn't necessary, but at least it was made to mean something, with JB showing how aggressive he's willing to be. I'm bummed about Tony's slip of the tongue where he said Fenix was going to be challenging next week, since I'd rather see that, than Marq Quen.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

I really dug the TNT TItle match. The blood wasn't necessary, but at least it was made to mean something, with JB showing how aggressive he's willing to be. I'm bummed about Tony's slip of the tongue where he said Fenix was going to be challenging next week, since I'd rather see that, than Marq Quen.

Meltzer said the commentary was recorded last week when they thought Fenix could go, so they actually re-recorded all mentions of Fenix being the challenger but they missed one. 

I'd love to have he logistics of the open challenge explained since it's not going by rankings but they do announce the challenger the week before.  As someone else here said, do you just need to be the first guy to get to the sign-up sheet?

• Like 2