DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Yeah, Arrow's good enough that I forgive them for stuff like Laurel being assigned to the Moira Queen case even though she's a longtime family friend.  That's ridiculous, but they're doing enough else right, so you go along with it.  (though the mysterious disappearance of Count Vertigo's goon squad in his last scene was confusing)

But it's pretty interesting that Ollie killed again.  I was thinking they'd go the route of "We needed to interrogate the Count to get the cure, but now you killed him".  Might end up being for the best that they didn't do that, as we might get deeper repercussions from it. 

And if they need to pad out the budget by doing that mini-series commercial with Roy and Felicity, that's alright. 

My main point is that, yes, Flash doesn't have to be a musclebound tank but at the very least he's always been made to look like it would hurt if he punched you. This guy (pic spoilered for size) doesn't look like he could punch his way through a paper bag.

Stephen-Amell-Grant-Gustin-Arrow-Flash.j

My main point is that, yes, Flash doesn't have to be a musclebound tank but at the very least he's always been made to look like it would hurt if he punched you. This guy (pic spoilered for size) doesn't look like he could punch his way through a paper bag.

There are guys in boxing and Thai boxing half his size that would give you life altering brain damage where you would forced to eat through a small tube the rest of your days on Earth.

• Like 1

There are guys in boxing and Thai boxing half his size that would give you life altering brain damage where you would forced to eat through a small tube the rest of your days on Earth.

So cast one of THEM as Flash.

I kid, I kid. I'll give the dude a fair chance. A little surprised they decided to nix the backdoor pilot for it and film a stand alone pilot if it's picked up.

Yeah, the show has a distinctly Nolan-esque feel to it. Which is good since it fits in with the movie universe - even though the Batman films and Superman ones are separate.

Anyway, count me among the people who like the Skinny Flash. I get the point about sprinters having muscles but isn't one of his things that he burns an insane amount of calories/energy running? It was definitely part of the other TV Flash show. Besides, the power of his punches has nothing to do with muscles/strength. If you played the InJustice video game, you'd know his punching power is derived from being able to hit you with 5 shots in the space a normal man throws one then running across the country and delivering a super-uppercut.

Yeah, the show has a distinctly Nolan-esque feel to it. Which is good since it fits in with the movie universe - even though the Batman films and Superman ones are separate.

Anyway, count me among the people who like the Skinny Flash. I get the point about sprinters having muscles but isn't one of his things that he burns an insane amount of calories/energy running? It was definitely part of the other TV Flash show. Besides, the power of his punches has nothing to do with muscles/strength. If you played the InJustice video game, you'd know his punching power is derived from being able to hit you with 5 shots in the space a normal man throws one then running across the country and delivering a super-uppercut.

Something like this?  Btw, I fucking love this scene.

I would really, really like it if they just integrated the TV & Movie Universes. Having synergy would help both out immensely. I am trying to give mini-Flash the benefit of the doubt, I just really love Barry in the comics, so I hope he's good. And I definitely enjoy Arrow, sure there are some missteps, but as a whole it's a really fun show. Looks like we're definitely going to see the Lazarus Pit come into play, which is really interesting.

I doubt Snyder cares or will be beholden to the 3 or 4 million people that watch this show which is a drop in the bucket compared to what a movie like Batman vs. Superman will need to be successful.

Right but if they would like to avoid a clusterfuck maybe they can introduce characters that have already appeared elsewhere and then it will give people who didn't watch the shows an opportunity to go back and watch. Or they can just say screw it and go with the clusterfuck option.

Whether Snyder or Nolan care about Arrow or not, Stephen Amell should be in a JLA movie just because he's awesome. It's not like the character is a drawing card or they're going to do a solo Green Arrow movie anyway - Batman and Superman are who people are going to see. The secondary characters like Lantern and Wondy can be young up-and-coming unknowns like Hemsworth and Evans were when they were tabbed for their roles.

Use Green Arrow like they used Hawkeye in Avengers. Give him maybe 3-4 scenes, just enough so if you don't watch the show you don't care and if you do it's a nice little bit of tying in continuity. Amell clearly loves playing GA and I actually think he's a pretty charming and charismatic actor so I'd be disappointed if he doesn't at least get a cameo.

Whether Snyder or Nolan care about Arrow or not, Stephen Amell should be in a JLA movie just because he's awesome. It's not like the character is a drawing card or they're going to do a solo Green Arrow movie anyway - Batman and Superman are who people are going to see. The secondary characters like Lantern and Wondy can be young up-and-coming unknowns like Hemsworth and Evans were when they were tabbed for their roles.

Use Green Arrow like they used Hawkeye in Avengers. Give him maybe 3-4 scenes, just enough so if you don't watch the show you don't care and if you do it's a nice little bit of tying in continuity. Amell clearly loves playing GA and I actually think he's a pretty charming and charismatic actor so I'd be disappointed if he doesn't at least get a cameo.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180483-berlanti-confirms-no-discussions-to-connect-arrow-to-dc-films

Sorry guys.  That debunks that :( .

• 2 weeks later...

Now comes word that DC has charged David Goyer with developing movies featuring the likes of Booster Gold and the Suicide Squad, among others.

1. I'm really not thrilled with Goyer seemingly becoming the steward of much of DC's cinematic universe. I was more positive on MAN OF STEEL than most around here, but I thought his screenplay was easily the worst part of it.

2. This seems like yet another case of DC not really "getting it." Suicide Squad is a cool idea for a movie, but, to put it in Marvel's parlance, that's a phase 2, or even phase 3, movie, something you do after you've set up the villains in the heroes' movies.