DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

A lot of things about Arrow didn't work for me either.  The really forced and contrived melodrama for starters and the soap opera dialogue.  

All the bait and switches with the mom were insane and nothing about it made any sense.  

I will say I did like how they reinvented some characters for the TV show.  But now I hear they are doing the Flash in season 2 when I thought the idea is that there would be no superpowers and no meta-humans.  How will they go in that direction now?  

Also how do Ollie and his buddies use voice modulation whenever they want?  Like he can talk into his phone and do it, or he can do it under his hood when there is clearly nothing to disguise his voice on his persons.

And Ollie's disguise in itself...I mean there's no disguise.  He's got green eye shadow.  That's it.  There is no way someone in front of him couldn't recognize him.

They only said there wouldn't be meta-humans the first season. Don't think they ever closed the door completely on that one.

I agree about Ollie's voice modulation and outfit. Both are lazily done.

If we're talking about practicality here, as a vigilante, a full-armored batsuit for defensive purposes makes 100 times more sense than a spendex-suit to inflict the fear of night or whatever.

Spandex OVER the armor obviously, hence "visible." You must have been distracted by a kid in the theatre

• Like 2

If we're talking about practicality here, as a vigilante, a full-armored batsuit for defensive purposes makes 100 times more sense than a spendex-suit to inflict the fear of night or whatever.

Spandex OVER the armor obviously, hence "visible." You must have been distracted by a kid in the theatre
Not only is cell phone use during a film a clear sign of sociopathy, but considering the reception, a poor allocation of valuable data usage.

I've always said that as an urban legend/nightmare/vigilante it seemed dumb to let people know you're fully armored, rather than play up the mystique that you can't be hurt.

That's what the nipples were for!
I thought they were for milk?

On one hand, I'm bummed that Arrow cast a skinny to be Amanda Waller.  Would've been great if they could have gotten CCH Pounder, though she's busy with Sons of Anarchy.  And maybe they wanted to follow the pattern set by Green Lantern if that's still going to be part of their movie continuity.

On the upside, the actress they cast is the second Naevia from Spartacus.  So hopefully they'll find a way to write a scene with Amanda Waller and Slade Wilson together.

On one hand, I'm bummed that Arrow cast a skinny to be Amanda Waller.  Would've been great if they could have gotten CCH Pounder, though she's busy with Sons of Anarchy.  And maybe they wanted to follow the pattern set by Green Lantern if that's still going to be part of their movie continuity.

On the upside, the actress they cast is the second Naevia from Spartacus.  So hopefully they'll find a way to write a scene with Amanda Waller and Slade Wilson together.

I don't have a problem with the casting. Waller is skinny in the new Suicide Squad comics.

I hate young and skinny Waller. it just doesn't feel right at all in the comics. Already knew they did it again for Arrow. Don't know the actress but she isn't working for me yet. She doesn't capture the right feel. To be fair her moment was pretty damn short. Could be better in later episodes. I really hope at some point we get CCH Pounder as Waller in live action.

MoS2 is sounding like one giant shitfest the more I hear about it, and I'm not even upset over Affman. What the hell is the logic behind skipping over Robin and jumping right to Nightwing? There's a good proportion of the general audience that doesn't read comics that has no idea who Nightwing is. If they wanted to include him in MoS3 or some other eventual sequel, after establishing the Robin character, fine. But skipping over the first part just screams "we'll throw some shit at the wall and see what sticks." Not going to comment on the Wonder Woman rumors since there's a good probability it's not her they're casting, but like hell I'd know who the character is supposed to be.

That and have we established that this is a different continuity from the Nolanverse?  Under which Joseph Gordon-Levitt should now be Batman.  And since he was their version of "Robin," no Nightwing! 

Affleck I will wait and see.  After the fanboiz' mistakes concerning Keaton, Ledger, and others, it's the best strategy. 

Multiple characters can either be very good (Avengers) or a cluster (Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3).  So again I'll wait and see.  Though Avengers does have the advantage of a better build. 

For my money, Conroy is and will forever be the best Batman ever. I'll hear no arguments to the contrary.

I'm in full agreement. Kevin Conroy will always be the voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Me too.  Whenever I read a Batman story, I hear Conroy's voice.

It depends for me.  Mostly on the time period.  For instance, I read the Batman vs. Hulk crossover from the '70s and heard Adam West's voice.  Oddly, when I go way back to the forties, I picture something not unlike Batfink's voice or Prowl from Transformers: Animated.