DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Arrow has had some good moments this season, but has mostly felt just....blah.  Season 2 was so good, maybe it's just hard to follow that.  The melodrama is a little too thick and way too much Thea and Laurel.

Its both. The stuff with Thea and Merlin just hasn't been particularly strong while the stuff with Laurel isn't too bad, but there has been a bit too much. And yeah the last half or so of season 2 was just really damn consistent in quality. It also doesn't help that you have Flash now to compare which has probably come out so stronger than just about every other live action superhero show ever, and its first season isn't even done.

Arrow has had some good moments this season, but has mostly felt just....blah.  Season 2 was so good, maybe it's just hard to follow that.  The melodrama is a little too thick and way too much Thea and Laurel.

Its both. The stuff with Thea and Merlin just hasn't been particularly strong while the stuff with Laurel isn't too bad, but there has been a bit too much. And yeah the last half or so of season 2 was just really damn consistent in quality. It also doesn't help that you have Flash now to compare which has probably come out so stronger than just about every other live action superhero show ever, and its first season isn't even done.

I like what they've done with Laurel, conceptually, but I don't particularly like the endgame of transitioning Laurel into Black Canary.  And.... focusing on Laurel requires Katie Cassidy to act.  Not something I need to see more of.

The Thea-Merlyn plotline is good in theory, but hasn't been written all that well so far.  Too little for John Barrowman to do, too much for Willa Holland to do. 

In general, Arrow just seems unfocused to me.  The  flashbacks this year seem particularly superfluous.  I do like where they seem to be heading with the newest episode - that ending was great - but they're also cramming a lot into this season and changing direction a couple times too many.

Did we ever decide where to put iZombie comments?  Finally watched that this morning.

I like Laurel's character and don't think she's bad at all, Willa Holland on the other hand is by far and away the worst performer on the show but they're managing to rapidly turn me against Felicity. She used to be weird and funny but every week she gets more annoying. The last episode was the worst yet in that regard.

I think Flash is quickly turning into the better show as Arrow is getting too CWish, for lack of a better term, for my tastes

EXACTLY.

Also Felicity needs less "emoting" and more just being awkward. And that black wig she wore in her flashback episode.

Felicity should only exist for four reasons: Comic relief, voice of reason, tech support and occasionally needing to be rescued, period.

The problem with Arrow is that you really want all that action stuff, but they insist on making Ollie the worst and having all the characters around him act as his conscience. The whole supporting cast is some kind of weird Jiminy Cricket.

I've actually been enjoying the Black Canary build and I've found Thea has replaced Sara as the character who consistently has logical motivations and acts with some consistent sense of morality.

Also, Eddie Thawne is clearly going to be Cobalt Blue, right?

The probably with being skinny and bald is that you look sickly.

This is why I said fuck being skinny and gained a bunch of weight back.

Wouldn't an easier solution be to grow your hair back instead of you know...probably becoming a diabetic?

Hahahaha, grow my hair back. That's funny.

Fuck hair. Also, I would much rather be in good shape, but stress and binge eating are motherfuckers. Trying to fix that shit now, but it's a long road back to where I was.

Hahahaha, grow my hair back. That's funny.

Fuck hair. Also, I would much rather be in good shape, but stress and binge eating are motherfuckers. Trying to fix that shit now, but it's a long road back to where I was.

This is how people end up writing manifestos and shooting up public places.

Having only a fraction of an iota of knowledge of what Craig went through from his Facebook, I'd say lesser men would have turned to writing manifestos and shooting up places.

That said, if he went clean shaven, he could totally pull off a Lex Luthor cos play.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm on solid ground (I think) and really have been. The divorce and everything should have hurt worse, but I think I handled it well.

As for my hair, yeah, that shit isn't coming back. I suppose Lex is an option for Halloween.

• Like 1

Yeesh. FLASH follows up one of its best episodes with one of it's most "bleh." I anticipated that they'd walk all that stuff back, but I was also thinking they'd at least give us something equally interesting to take its place.