DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Holy shit were Katie Cassidy & Katrina Law (her accent is especially terrible) absolutely awful tonight, especially the scenes when it was just the two of them. And I'm sorry, but Cynthia Addai-Robinson is way too young to be playing someone with as much power as Amanda Waller.

Is it me or are Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, & Caity Lotz the only decent actresses they have had on the show? So many of the women they have had on have been absolutely horrible.

I really like Arrow, but these shithouse performances really bring the show down for me. 

Are we really supposed to buy that Laurel is going to eventually replace her sister -- who fought for her life and was trained as an assassin for years -- as Black Canary when her training consists of boxercising in her free time after her day job as a lawyer? But, hey, at least we know she's super angry and driven.

• Like 1

Are we really supposed to buy that Laurel is going to eventually replace her sister -- who fought for her life and was trained as an assassin for years -- as Black Canary when her training consists of boxercising in her free time after her day job as a lawyer? But, hey, at least we know she's super angry and driven.

Well, Thea seems to have mastered ninja training in less than five months, so...... 

I'm kinda expecting "serious business" Thea and Laurel to drag down the show this season.  I'm skeptical either actress is up to it (esp. Cassidy) and I'm not wild about the character turns.  I've pretty much lost all patience with Laurel.  The "I'm worried about my dad so I won't tell him his daughter is dead" thing is the sort of ridiculous twist that only occurs in tv shows because it's basically a monstrous, cruel thing to do to a loved one. 

• Like 1

Quick question: has anybody ever seen somebody talking Gotham and they say they enjoy the Bruce parts?  I can hardly recall as unanimous an opinion on a show like this.  Everybody seems to agree Bruce needs to go.  Hopefully the producers are taking note.

They don't bother me, and sometimes I think they add a nice touch to the show. Honestly, I haven't understood why everyone is so batshit hostile about that part of the show.

• Like 1

The Kid Detective stuff is dumb.  If they are going to use Bruce, I'd much rather it be in a way similar to the episode with the kidnapped homeless kids.  Show him as someone who deep down just wants to save the city, especially the "little people".

I don't find Willa Holland to be even close to decent. She is actively the worst part of every episode she's been in, IMO.

You seriously think she's worse than Katie Cassidy, really?

Absolutely, I find the combination of character and actress  to be awful. Katie Cassidy/Laurel doesn't bother me much but Willa Holland/Thea on the other hand..

It's a CW show so I'm not really expecting or anticipating Streep performances out of anyone but there is something about Willa Holland and her character that i can't stand. It's not a new development either it's been this way since season 1.

Finally caught up with CONSTANTINE, and the 2nd episode was a dramatic improvement over the first. I'm baffled as to why they would even air that pilot. Beyond the fact that they junked the character who was going to be the main story-starting device for the series, it was just wretched on its own terms. Like, a bad Syfy show with marginally better effects.

It's still not great or anything, but the 2nd episode more closely resembled a decent TV show, so it's bought itself another episode from me.

I think dropping all the other supporting characters for an episode to focus on Zed was a really smart move. That's something GOTHAM would do well to learn: Not every character has to be in every episode! I already feel like I have a better idea of who Zed is than anybody who was in the pilot.

Kinda hate that they're already running the romantic tension angle, though.

I've turned the page on Fish Mooney, her and her crew are the only people on the show that realize they are in a show based on a comic. Zsasz was pretty cool too, he was all types of cold and creepy, and I hope he is the recurring muscle for Falcone. The Penguin is the most interesting character on the entire show and I fully expect him to be the boss of the underworld by the end of the season. He is one step ahead of everyone, despite everyone thinking he is a dope.

I don't mind so much really because it looks like Jada is having a ball with this whole thing. It's still kinda over-the-top, but it's endearing to me.

But Victor Zsasz was the MVP from last night's episode. RIP Poor lady cop bystander. You thought the kneecapping would be the worst part.