DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

There is something I forgot to bring up when I was watching it a couple months ago: Was Kim Basinger awful as Vicki Vale in Batman or is she just an awful actress in general?

In general. How she was praised for LA Confidential...

[insert obligatory 9 1/2 weeks ref here too]

"only a story credit".. Ok, I can see where this is going...

The movies he actually scripted tend to be fairly fucking awful

Well, I don't feel like arguing against your opinion anymore. Did you know that Man of Steel is 7.3 on IMDB and the first Captain America which I know you loved is like 6.8? There are a lot of different opinions out there... nobody is wrong or right. The only issue I see is that you cannot let it go. You could always boycott this new DC universe and maybe you plan on doing so, I don't know..

BvaxvphIQAMKDv4.jpg

Scoot McNairy wearing green screen socks. Rumors say he's playing The Flash. Henry Cavill was also on set in full Superman gear.

Hey, everybody!  It's Jimmy Olsen with prosthetic legs, because we can't have nice things in a DC movie, apparently.

BvaxvphIQAMKDv4.jpg

Scoot McNairy wearing green screen socks. Rumors say he's playing The Flash. Henry Cavill was also on set in full Superman gear.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/128809-report-scoot-mcnairy-to-play-the-flash-metallo-and-jimmy-olsen-in-batman-v-superman.html

I think season two of Arrow has higher peaks and lower valleys, if that makes sense. I would say that overall it is stronger than the first season, but there are some sub plots that are borderline torturous. The last third of the season is amazing.

BwillEOIUAAtuHP.jpg

Senator Patrick Leahy on set

A big fan of Batman comics, Leahy has several small roles in various Batman television and films. He lent his voice in the Batman: The Animated Series episode "Showdown" as the Governor of the Utah territory. He had cameo roles in the 1997 film Batman and Robin. In the 2008 film The Dark Knight Leahy has a cameo in a party that is crashed by The Joker. Leahy's character's only line is: “We’re not intimidated by you thugs,” The Joker replies “You remind me of my father — I hated my father,”[31] He had another cameo in the 2012 film The Dark Knight Rises.[32]

• Like 1

I think season two of Arrow has higher peaks and lower valleys, if that makes sense. I would say that overall it is stronger than the first season, but there are some sub plots that are borderline torturous. The last third of the season is amazing.

This.  Pretty much everything is awesome once they go full tilt on the Deathstroke storyline.  The bad shit, like the way Laurel is written, is REALLY bad, but the good shit is sooooo good.

Grodd on TV - or preferably on the big screen where the special effects would be much better - would be absolutely amazing. It would be DC basically going "This is our universe, a brilliant genocidal talking gorilla, he will be our next big bad and you will love it.". A cinematic Grodd would be a fanboy geek out moment to end all geek out moments.

So of course DC will never ever do it.

I don't see Rocky as Black Adam at all. I could have seen him as Captain Marvel a lot easier. There's sort of a corny charm to Cap and I think he could have modernized that fairly well. There's a gravitas to Black Adam that I'm not sure is within his range.