DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Only seen Eisenberg in Zombieland. He looked fine there and I have heard enough good things about him in other films to assume he is at least a solid actor. I just don't care for getting what will likely be a decently different Lex from the norm. Really wish they would have gone with someone who at comes off a little more mature age wise.

Castings like Affleck, Gadot, and this really feel like arrogance on Snyder's part. Its like he knows they aren't in any way the best choice for what people perceive those characters as and how people will react, but he feels he is either such a good director he can bring out the best of them or plans to re-write those characters into something different from what they are to make it work. Basically it feels like he wants to pull what Nolan did with Ledger and Hathaway. The problem is Snyder isn't as good as Nolan and is being greedy doing this with at least three actors at once.

The internet: "HEATH LEDGER AS JOKER WTF THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK!"

I can honestly say I was in the small minority who was happy with the annoucement that Heath Ledger would play The Joker.

Like, Eivion, I've only seen Jesse Eisenberg in Zombieland. Liking Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

I think his height is part of the reason they cast him. I think they'll lean into how small he is to emphasize that he's a different sort of threat that Superman can't just punch into defeat. Well, he could, but then he'd just be a greasy spot on Mars.

That image is taller than Jesse Eisenberg.

I bet he still has his hair at the beginning of this one.

Well yeah, he's got to have hair until the climatic battle scene when Superman rips it out of his head...in front of a bunch of children on a playground.

That image is taller than Jesse Eisenberg.

I bet he still has his hair at the beginning of this one.

Well yeah, he's got to have hair until the climatic battle scene when Superman rips it out of his head...in front of a bunch of children on a playground.

Then the internet responds with... "The real Superman would never rip someones hair out!"

• Like 2

What are the reactions? I quite liked last night's episode. Thought it was one of the stronger episodes this season.

Its not the reaction of the Ollie/Felicity shippers that was the issue (they were just annoying like any shippers are).

Its the "moral outrage" of a few to the nature of Nyssa and Sarah's relationship.  

I liked the Facebook account's response was basically "if you didn't like the story, sorry.  If you didn't like the lesbian kiss, fuck you."

• Like 1

Thought that might be it. I actually loved Nyssa and Sarah's relationship. There was some solid chemistry and drama there. Honestly, I try not to ship, but I like those two together much more than I do Ollie/Sarah or the idea of Ollie/Felicity,