DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

...The Eisenberg thing is taking some time to set in because it's so weird, but I sort of love it?

I think I'm kinda coming around on it, as the initial shock wears off. Despite his age, I'd say Eisenberg does a good job of projecting an air of intelligence well beyond what you typically see out of 30 year old actor. And I like that there's a big size discrepancy between him and Cavill & Affleck. I think it could work, depending on how they handle the character on the writing end of things.

On the one hand, yeah, I like Jeremy Irons playing Alfred. On the other hand, of anyone that could play Lex, Eisenberg isn't even on that list. Meek, whiny, and family friendly isn't what I think of when I think of Lex Luthor. Goddammit...My dream casting was pulling in the dude who played Lex on Smallville, but that was the longest of long shots. Behind him would have been Daniel Day Lewis, another long shot. This though, is just strange.  

• Like 1

Can't say I love the Eisenberg casting but Michael Rosenbaum portrayed my favorite iteration of Luthor ever so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

I will say Luthor as a punk-ass dot com billionaire who dabbles in Evil Science~! on the side would be kinda brilliant.

Dude, the Internet lost it's shit over Ledger. How can you not remember that?

Eisenberg can be very good when he turns it on. In a lot of his mainstream fare, he kinda coasts on the flustered, neurotic routine.

• Like 1

Eisenberg can't be "very good" because he's a bad actor. What the hell are you talking about? Everything he's in he's sucked at. Adventureland? The Social Network? Now You See Me? Zombieland? He's the worst part of ALL of those movies.

Horrible, just HORRIBLE casting. At this point I think it's a joke it's so bad. Just horrible. I wish I had a sound byte of Honky Tonk Man shitting on TNA right now. Just horrible.

Except that, Now You See Me aside, you're totally wrong.

I mean, there's taking taste into account, but Eisenberg is a pretty good actor, and quite good in 3 of those 4 movies you mentioned.

He was GREAT in The Social Network and I don't say that because he was nominated for an Oscar although that certainly doesn't hurt his case. His performance made a film about lawsuits pertaining to fucking social networking COMPELLING..

I have a feeling this will be an awesome week of nerd rage.