DVDVR Message Board

UFC 250: Nunes vs. Spencer (6/6/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

So is anyone else rooting for Eddie Wineland tonight? I really liked him in WEC, and I feel like O’Malley is way over hyped. Beating up on tin cans doesn’t impress me, and unlike Connor when he started in UFC this kid hasn’t beaten anyone decent or did anything to back up the attitude.

That’s one thing I’ll give McGregor credit for. Not only did he beat Max Holloway in only his second UFC fight, but he did it in convincing fashion with a torn ACL. Then in his fourth fight he beat Dustin Poirier. 

Fuck. That was impressive from Heinisch but Meerschaert ain't ever going to string three wins together, sadly. Oh well, he's a really fun middle of the pack type fighter.

Really impressive display from Stamann. Previously he had struck me as a typical jock douchebag but that must've taken some serious willpower to hold in the pain until the end of the fight.

• Like 2

GM3 strikes me as a guy who would do well in Bellator or PFL. Not just because the competition is lesser, but because he's most likely to flourish against unfinished or flawed fighters. Plus, he's going to be able to fight multiple times in a calendar year. In three and a half years in the UFC, the number of cancelled fights he has had? ZERO. That's impressive. Unless he wants to be a career gatekeeper in the UFC, another company would get more utility out of that.

Speaking of people who probably be fighting elsewhere...Chase Hooper looked out of sorts against Caceres. He shouldn't be in the UFC right now. Hooper would be better if he spent 2-3 years in LFA and some of the other feeder organizations the UFC has a relationship with. Everything other this his ground game, which TBH is still only slightly above average, is like a 3 at best. If they don't want this kid to flame out, they should not make the same mistakes they made with Sage.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i really enjoyed that Caceres-Hooper fight. a rematch in 2 years would be phenomenal 

Crazy to think Caceres has been fighting in the UFC for about 9 years. I still remember that season. 

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Yeah, I think we gotta take this guy pretty seriously. 

His fighting skills? Yes, absolutely. The fucking Tekashi69 hairdo? No, not at all.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

If I had a dollar for every fighter that Joe Rogan said has the greatest cardio of any other blah blah blah.

Did he see the Covington vs. Usman title fight?  Neil Magny has really good cardio, he isn't doing anything close to what those two did in that fight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Did he see the Covington vs. Usman title fight?  Neil Magny has really good cardio, he isn't doing anything close to what those two did in that fight.

It really doesn't matter. I try not to listen to commentary because apparently the only way to hype the major fights is to say someone is the GOAT at whatever. 

• Like 1

BTW I'm so glad Aljo turned the corner because it was so frustrating watching him leave fights on the table. The Marlon Moraes loss is forgivable because he got Marlon Moraes in steamroller mode. He ran into the wrong guy at the wrong time. It took awhile, but he's here finally.

• Like 1