DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2020

@AxB Yeah, I thought that match told a decent story.  Tho, they missed following it up.  Things were a bit messy then, so understandable.  But looking back if they’d discussed his pushing Kenny to a serious battle with a quick promo by Angels it would’ve helped establish his identity as some sort of threat.  Or even if they had Kenny discuss being pushed out there.  In general they really need to get Omega more mic time. 

Death ‘Triangle’ indicates three.  I’d like them to keep it that way.  Love this trio, and their potential moving forward.  I also kinda like the idea of established factions ala NJPW, but I also like a lone wolf here and there.  

Superbad death squad is a fun name, but i like these guys in their current role as jtts.  Sabian is young and has lots of time to grow into a better role, but for now he’s good where he is.  He doesn’t quite have all the tools to be pushed any higher.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

Stupid suggestion on my part, what if the Triangle of death triangle meant three countries as in Mexico for Penta Fenix, America to possibly add Archer, and England for Pac Sabian and Havoc? 

I love the idea of factions with 4+ members and this lineup would have my interest. Let's them keep Death Triangle as a name, add members from those countries in theory, and then the group name is explained as "Well the triangle represents etc etc etc" explaining it's open to the 3 above. And I'll show myself out now.

11 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

Reading the name Superbad Death Squad makes me think of Michael Cera and Jonah Hill in Road Warrior attire.

Ford could be McLovin.

Or the villain of a 1990s Rob Liefeld comic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Stupid suggestion on my part, what if the Triangle of death triangle meant three countries as in Mexico for Penta Fenix, America to possibly add Archer, and England for Pac Sabian and Havoc? 

I love the idea of factions with 4+ members and this lineup would have my interest. Let's them keep Death Triangle as a name, add members from those countries in theory, and then the group name is explained as "Well the triangle represents etc etc etc" explaining it's open to the 3 above. And I'll show myself out now.

If you have to explain something then you've already lost.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:45 AM, Casey said:

I'm pretty sure Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, Angelico, Jack Evans, Pentagon, PAC, Bea Priestly, Mel, Emi Sakura, Sadie Gibbs, Shanna and Yuka Sakazaki haven't appeared on AEW TV since the pandemic started (and haven't returned since restrictions were somewhat lifted).

FWIW Mel was there this week just sitting in the crowd...still with no hair.

Absolute trooper.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Please keep Sabian and Havoc away from Death Triangle. Personally, I like them as a trio and I think they work well together because they carry the same intensity in their work. Adding anyone who doesn't look like they're trying to end someone's career in every match would dilute that. Archer would fit the bill and Jake managing someone like Pac would also be very interesting but it wouldn't be much of a triangle and I want my Death Triangle t-shirt to still be relevant in addition to being cool as all get out.

Fenix is a lot more babyface than heel.  One of the issues with Lucha Bros is Penta isn't a very good face and Fenix isn't a very good heel.  

• Like 1

Agreed. I can't wait for the inevitable Pentagon heel turn on Fenix and the ensuing matches. Though I think Penta is a fine babyface, because who really wants to boo the coolest looking dude who happens to be a ninja skeleton that has zero fear and is incredibly charismatic? Still, he does work way better with an edge, like Omega, and both are lacking it right now. Omega has still had an incredible year after a so-so 2019. He had 3 fantastic matches in a one month stretch there and was in my clear MOTY, the tag title match against the Bucks. Not sure if he needs to go full heel or just tween it up but there is still some room for improvement. 

But before any such turns, you gotta give the Death Triangle some time to develop and put on some amazing six man tags. I can't wait for those.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

I watched a few matches from the past two weeks of Dark last night, and my big takeaway is that I actually really like QT Marshall.

Some other thoughts:

KiLynn King and Zack Clayton should be signed.

Alan Angels does nothing for me.

I could watch Santana & Ortiz tag squashes all day long.

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Agreed. I can't wait for the inevitable Pentagon heel turn on Fenix and the ensuing matches. Though I think Penta is a fine babyface, because who really wants to boo the coolest looking dude who happens to be a ninja skeleton that has zero fear and is incredibly charismatic? Still, he does work way better with an edge, like Omega, and both are lacking it right now. Omega has still had an incredible year after a so-so 2019. He had 3 fantastic matches in a one month stretch there and was in my clear MOTY, the tag title match against the Bucks. Not sure if he needs to go full heel or just tween it up but there is still some room for improvement. 

But before any such turns, you gotta give the Death Triangle some time to develop and put on some amazing six man tags. I can't wait for those.

I don't know if that works as well outside of a Lucha Underground-esque environment, which AEW isn't.  Penta's not going to be able to break arms for the hell of it with the frequency he did in LU (and Mox's already done it once already- maybe Penta should have a go at Mox for that when he can come back).

Terrible timing to lose two of the most featured women to injuries, I hope they both can recover and come back stronger than ever. Now might be a good time to bring in a new face to keep things interesting.

• Like 1

But who though? Who is an unsigned Women's wrestler who is TV ready and physically in the USA, right now?

I mean, Allie Kat and Elayna Black are both great, but maybe a step below Swole at the minute. Deonna Purazzo, Kylie Rae, Kimbler Lee and Neveah just signed for Impact. Billie Starkz and Alice Crowley are under 18 years old.

So, Faye Jackson it is!

• Like 1

Yeah, Faye Jackson please. I want to really like Allie Kat but she's not ready yet. 

Edit: also didn't she move a considerable distance to live with MJF and then he dumped her around the time AEW started up? That would be awkward.

Edited by Oyaji

1 hour ago, AxB said:

But who though? Who is an unsigned Women's wrestler who is TV ready and physically in the USA, right now?

I mean, Allie Kat and Elayna Black are both great, but maybe a step below Swole at the minute. Deonna Purazzo, Kylie Rae, Kimbler Lee and Neveah just signed for Impact. Billie Starkz and Alice Crowley are under 18 years old.

So, Faye Jackson it is!

Nicole Savoy, Cheerleader Melissa, Delilah Doom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

Janelope both working there is awkward too, but they make it work.

Joey is with Brandi Lauren now, so I'm sure the awkwardness doesn't sting quite as much as it used to.