DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2020

The interesting thing about Jungle Boy is, everyone in AEW signed a five year contract, so they pretty much all expire in 2024. Except Jungle Boy brought his Dad (and his Dad's agent) to the contract negotiation, and they recommended that he only sign a two year deal instead. So he's got about a year left before he's free to leave (or stay). Might be interesting to see if the competition goes hard to get him to jump.

Which is funny because he's the guy likeliest to leave for WWE. I mean, I hope he doesn't, obviously, but I can see it easily. Darby's said some straight up hateful shit of Evolve and WWE, so I doubt he'd go. 

The instant he goes to wwe he’d be Luke Perry Jr and he’d probably be a preppy college kid even though that’s the opposite of his dads character (I guess, never really watched it). 

With Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Sammy Guevara, and MJF they have a great core of guys in their early 20s. Hope they can stick together. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, matt925 said:

With Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Sammy Guevara, and MJF they have a great core of guys in their early 20s. Hope they can stick together. 

Hangman and Fénix are not even 30 yet so those are two big names that should also be able to stick around for a long time too.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 1

The only guy in AEW I see in the WWE is Wardlow... and I'd be shocked if he did anything there noteworthy. 

Jungle Boy isn't AJ or DB. His lack of size is going to make him invisible to the WWE... much like Darby. 

MJF would also be a no go. None of the top young blood in AEW are guys that have the WWE look.

I could see Vince trying to get Pac, Moxley or Jericho back once they were out of contract. Not sure they'd go though... maybe Jericho once he's retired if he wants a legends deal.

The one AEW Wrestler I could see Vince really wanting to poach is Kris Statlander. And with her being another early 20s AEW wrestler, there's a lot of career in front of her.

For a multitude of reasons I don't want to see any of them in WWE.  Not because they don't "deserve" it but because they would be immediately lost in the shuffle and for all we know with names/gimmicks of sorts that just won't work.  That's not me being anti-WWE so much as me being a realist.  As for Pac the way he left he's not going back and Jericho I can't see going back once he got a taste of the creative freedom he's looking for.  I think it's going to take a lot to lose any of them with how things seem to be and it's not guaranteed they'd even go to WWE if they wanted to leave AEW.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

So apparently Adam Cole's contract expires in August.  If he were to jump to AEW where would he best fit?  

This is going to come up at least once a week until August, isn't it?

56 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

So apparently Adam Cole's contract expires in August.  If he were to jump to AEW where would he best fit?  

A redo of Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious but with 150% more Brandi Rhodes?

36 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This is going to come up at least once a week until August, isn't it?

And every week after that, when he doesn't announce as having signed anywhere but starts appearing on BTE every week anyway.

7 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Apologies, I guess I was just curious how fellow board members might feel about the jump.

That'll teach you to ask these miscreants anything!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I do eagerly  await Excalibur trying to fat shame him as part of an inside joke from 5 years ago or whatever on national television. I want to hear JR and Tony's reactions. I want to see the online reaction. It'll be great. I'm guessing he makes it far more subtle so only those that know get it. Something like, "Adam Cole looks to have bulked up since we last saw him."

Edited by Oyaji

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Apologies, I guess I was just curious how fellow board members might feel about the jump.

While Craig might be right in it coming up at least once a week (if not more) I would be open to the idea.  I say that as somebody that has taken a liking to him since he was a face in ROH so  I may be higher on him than others.  But considering how long Undisputed Era have been at it a change of company would be good to freshen him up and also build off his time in BTE.

12 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I do eagerly  await Excalibur trying to fat shame him as part of an inside joke from 5 years ago or whatever on national television. I want to hear JR and Tony's reactions. I want to see the online reaction. It'll be great. I'm guessing he makes it far more subtle so only those that know get it. Something like, "Adam Cole looks to have bulked up since we last saw him."

Tony's already in on the joke. He mentioned a few weeks ago that Britt Baker has a thing for fat guys.

• Haha 2

Avalon & Culter vs Jurassic Express is one thing. But Sonny Kiss vs Christopher Daniels is your actual "I don't know who's going to win this match" match.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AxB said:

I could see Vince trying to get Pac, Moxley or Jericho back once they were out of contract. Not sure they'd go though... maybe Jericho once he's retired if he wants a legends deal.

The one AEW Wrestler I could see Vince really wanting to poach is Kris Statlander. And with her being another early 20s AEW wrestler, there's a lot of career in front of her.

I dont see Pac or Moxley ever returning. Moxley was pretty secretive with his intentions. Jericho I think would be far happier when he's done with the in ring work being an Ambassador / Legend for AEW... hes the inaugural AEW Le Champion!

Good call on Statlander. I could see her getting a run. 

Would there be room on their bloated roster, what with Okada, and all these other agents they picked up that they havent confirmed yet, on his way in? I'm sure he eats up a significant chunk of change, would there be anything left for Cole??