DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2020

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

New Jack got me.

"Page! What happened here?!"

"I dunno I guess they got attacked or something."

He clearly has no time for the Elite's stupid BTE shenanigans, or the Bucks as people, and is only sticking around to make the team with Kenny work (and because they're becoming friends).

18 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

A tragic waste of talent. 

It is absolutely the one place they have dropped the ball. Tully has been great since the contract signing and they have done nothing with him. Part of that is because Spears simply hasn't gotten over in the ring. I don't know why they haven't moved him to someone else yet. 

2 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

It is absolutely the one place they have dropped the ball. Tully has been great since the contract signing and they have done nothing with him. Part of that is because Spears simply hasn't gotten over in the ring. I don't know why they haven't moved him to someone else yet. 

When FTR go full heel is the time for Tully to dump Spears and for Arn to turn on Cody.

• Like 1

Good lord Tully's promo. Fortunately, his voice hasn't lost the same luster as Jake's voice has.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When FTR go full heel is the time for Tully to dump Spears and for Arn to turn on Cody.

With that said, Spears probably ends in a stable with them as the guy who takes the fall (or in the case of B&G, the guy who submits).  Then, he subsequently gets kicked out afterwards.

• Like 1

Tully is fucking amazing. He's like all of the football coaches I watch on YouTube who scream at their players, except Tully is coherent and makes sense.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That tweet to JR is yet another reason I hate Twitter. I'm not saying people shouldn't be called out for wrongdoing if they've done something wrong, but situations like this are why I think social media has helped ruin this generation. Who even is this person to attempt to publicly shame and punish JR for not even doing anything wrong? Not to mention tagging his employers like this is some sort of grade school offense.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

I guess if they want to be "a company about inclusion and other similar corporate branding buzzwords," you have to deal with the percentage of fans devoted to cancel culture and other things along those lines. 

Presumably, you will not have Hager or MJF or any other heel saying anything like the Forgotten Sons on TNT. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Casey said:

guys Hangman Page has the essence of Benjamin Franklin according to Matt Hardy

I don't know what this is in regard to, so I'll just assume it has something to do with him being a nudist. 

Anyway, Page is alright:

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Casey said:

guys Hangman Page has the essence of Benjamin Franklin according to Matt Hardy

"Beer is proof that God is drunk and wants us to be drunk." Or something like that.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

I’d like to assume Tully has provided a learning tree backstage, but agree he should really be placed on camera beside a potential winner/draw.  And somebody who needs a mouthpiece.  Who’s that guy?  FTR and Arn feels like a better fit than FTR and Tully.  There was a lot of board chatter of him aligning with PAC, but he can talk.  That said, maybe an allegiance there could pair him with the death triangle’s  more in need Lucha Bros.  They could certainly benefit from a mouthpiece.  Tho, maybe PAC already fits that bill.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

Yeah, Pac is already one of their better, more convincing promos. I suggested that because it made storyline sense with Pac complaining about lack of opportunities. I'd be fine with both Tully and Arn managing FTR when they go full heel (WITH CODY, IT'S HAPPENING). 

• Like 1