DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2020

John Silver too. Holy shit, they were great throughout. That was a really fun, silly episode and I enjoyed pretty much everything.

"Why just learn Spanish, when you can JOIN THE DARK ORDER." That Brodie Lee phone call too. ?

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

Interesting couple of weeks for AEW coming up. NXT won last week's race and they're pulling out all the stops to make GAB special to counter Fyter Fest (they just announced 'limited interruptions'), and AEW may be competing with a limited roster if Mox isn't cleared and travel restrictions affect them. Hoping things stay competitive.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see what form "limited interruptions" takes.  If it's something like we've seen from some drama shows where an actual sponsor pays for it ("presented with limited commercial interruptions sponsored by Ford"), for example, that's pretty cool.  If they're just going to have fewer ad spots and take the ad revenue hit just to get a better number and beat AEW for a week, that's sad.   WWE is feeling more and more like late stage WCW every week.

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Interesting couple of weeks for AEW coming up. NXT won last week's race and they're pulling out all the stops to make GAB special to counter Fyter Fest (they just announced 'limited interruptions'), and AEW may be competing with a limited roster if Mox isn't cleared and travel restrictions affect them. Hoping things stay competitive.

Didn't they just announce the GAB last week? And Io vs Sasha a couple days ago? Considering all the build they've put into Fyter Fest, I'm hopeful it takes more than that for NXT to get another win. But who knows? Anecdotally I'm most excited for Io vs Sasha and Oney vs Thatcher on Wednesday, and I say that as someone who's looking forward to Fyter Fest and hasn't watched a lot of NXT lately. 

Of all the AEW titles on the line over the next two weeks, are the tag belts are the only ones with a real shot of changing hands? That should definitely be the best of their four title matches. 

Decent Dark this week. Suge D vs Lance Archer was far more competitive than I was expecting. Griff Garrison's entrance music is a WCW-ised Shout at the Devil. Butcher & Blade almost killed a man. Well, two men, if you count the full-ring Beel.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Night 2 of Fyter Fest:

Nyla Rose in action.

Nyla Rose in action??

Nyla Rose in action!!!!

You all know what this means right??!!

AEW keeping this slot open for Tesse Blanchard!!

How do I know you ask?

The Shadow always knows......

Maybe I'd believe this one if it were coming from Tully's Shadow. Isn't Flair's Shadow busy with Randy Orton or something?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

32 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

AEW keeping this slot open for Tesse Blanchard!!

How do I know you ask?

The Shadow always knows......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As someone who lived 5 minutes away in Greentree for 8 years, I popped huge at Skyler Moore being introduced from Dormont, Pennsylvania on Dark this week. Missing me some Dormont Dogs right now.