DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUN 2020

Speaking of, I'm glad they're trying out a new direction with Janela. Havoc seems to have something going back to his dirtbag roots, so Janela is one of the few misses they haven't tried an audible with yet. I almost wish they'd just let him do a monthly Janela production for Dark when the worst of the pandemic is over and bring in legends for one offs with promising talent and do cool videos n shit. That's the Janela I enjoy the most...

• Like 1

Besides who was already mentioned, only other names I can think of off the top of my head is Taynara Conti from NXT, maybe bring Priscilla Kelly in on a more permanent basis, and look into how long Deonna's contract with Impact really is.

I would love to see an active Serena Deeb since she got released from her WWE coaching job. Crazy to me that she's still just 33 as she was one of the absolute best around 10 years ago. I know she's had injuries and retirement but she still looked great when she came back for the Mae Young Classic a few years ago.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Oyaji said:

NSFW due to "blood"

Reveal hidden contents

MattJacksonbladingkn.png

That knowing look to the camera was so good. I love this gimmick.

• Nakazawa bleeding from his ass was nasty.
  • Schiavone has said they do COVID testing every time they go to Daily's Place, so I'm pretty sure that bit about the temperature checks was a riff on WWE supposedly only doing temperature checks. I could be wrong, but that's what it felt like.
  • Hangman Page's rift with the Young Bucks continues, since he was disappointed to find them in the locker room with Kenny Omega. Then his exasperated look when Matt Hardy invited himself and the Bucks back to Hangman's hotel for drinks. He obviously has no patience for any of them except Omega, which is a weird change of pace if you followed the "BULLET CLUB IS FINE" storyline from a year or two ago. But it makes sense, because they're tag champs together.
  • SMOKEBOMB! GO!
  • I just love hearing PAUSE THE MULTIVERSE and Matt explaining inside terminology. I don't know why it started or what the point is, but hey, I did learn what "take a powder" means.
  • @Mookieghana is a fuckboy?!
  • "This has been the best year of our lives, don'tcha think?" - "2020?"
  • Hangman "Pussypants" Page
  • "Don't pause the multiverse, please" - "Nah, that's a different gimmick"
  • Nick Jackson is deadass.

That was a good episode of BTE.

• Like 2

I laughed quite a few times during that episode.  I think what got me with Matt pausing the multiverse is Daniels had to hold that pose the whole time.  Man, I loved it.

And I'm surprised it wasn't posted here yet but Moxley was on "Shot of Brandi" and it was really damn funny.  Brandi tweeted about it saying this was filmed right after the Orange Cassidy episode (another great one) and her liver took a pounding between the two.

Anna Jay’s re-debut was taped last week, but it did come after Stat’s injury. So I hope she’s ready to be thrust into this again, this time to fill a spot, or at least part of a spot. It does say something at least they had enough confidence to air it on Dynamite. Also that they are advertising it on Twitter.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

It's odd that on the QT Marshall's school episodes, she was always on the heel audience side, but then when they returned to Daily's Place she was among the faces with the Gunns and Suge D.

The fake Jungle Boy really gets it in this episode.

• Like 1

Don't know if Sarah Stock is still taking bookings but if memory serves she was one of the agents /producers furloughed. She'd make a great addition on camera and especially backstage for the talent imo. And if she's retired from in ring then I think she's a great agent to have around the roster

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Don't know if Sarah Stock is still taking bookings but if memory serves she was one of the agents /producers furloughed. She'd make a great addition on camera and especially backstage for the talent imo. And if she's retired from in ring then I think she's a great agent to have around the roster

I really enjoyed the few matches of hers I saw from her time in CMLL. Another good Winnipeg kid too.

22 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

The correct answer is Solo Darling and Willow Nightingale 

Isn't Solo Darling pretty bad in-ring, or did she get better?  She was over the one time I saw her though with a crowd who knew nothing of the promotion.

John Skyler suffered a significant knee injury during his match that aired on this week's edition of AEW Dark.

In a statement posted on his Facebook account, Skyler announced that he suffered tears in his ACL, MCL, and PCL in his right knee during the match. Skyler wrote that the injury happened in "what can only be described as an unavoidable freak accident" and wasn't anyone's fault.

Skyler wrote that he's projected to be out of action for around six months. He noted that decisions on inevitable surgery and rehab will be made early next week.

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/john-skyler-suffers-knee-injury-aew-dark-may-miss-six-months-313501

14 hours ago, alstein said:

Isn't Solo Darling pretty bad in-ring, or did she get better?  She was over the one time I saw her though with a crowd who knew nothing of the promotion.

I had The Bird and The Bee (Solo and Willow) vs FIST as one of my matches of the year in 2019, she's been pretty reliable on the indies in the past 18 months