DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

On 6/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, Morganti said:

I remember hearing that what really killed the Clashes was the monthly PPVs.  Bisch talking on one of those panel shows that used to air on classics.

Have you ever watched The Rise and Fall of WCW dvd that came out a while back? Mike Graham takes credit for numerous things like getting rid of the Clashes and putting on more ppvs, moving WCW into Disney, getting Hogan into WCW and for convincing Hogan to turn heel. I kept waiting for him to say that he wanted Austin to be a rebel badass in WCW and that he was blocked from signing Rocky Johnson's kid by Bill Watts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Morganti said:

I am pretty sure I watched it, but Bisch was saying that stuff pre network and before that doc came out.  I used to "acquire" the legends round tables to watch before bed...

With that being said.... I am not surprised by Mike Graham taking credit for anything lol

Oh I believe Bisch's account of things here. I was just saying it's hilarious to hear Graham basically taking credit for damn near everything positive that happened in WCW back then. It's worth watching the doc to hear him take credit for initiating the move to get Hogan and for moving to Universal Studios because they were losing money on house shows. I don't think Bisch has ever heard those claims but I'd love for him to do a watchalong of this doc on his podcast just to see his reaction to Graham.

Edited by cwoy2j

22 minutes ago, D.Z said:

2abde5d9a5b198db535132bd622f6ad9d235171d

Edit: Man, that Tenryu suplex is gorgeous. Tenryu's not really known for his smooth execution, but damn if that doesn't almost rival Bret's.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

I am slacking. Here's the first of Tuesday's.

Jose Arroyo vs Pierre Bernaert, JIP, we just get a bit:

This is the kind of thing I enjoy to watch at least? 

BNMvLN.gif

Here's Arroyo's idea of revenge (I should have looped this but I am obviously terrible at making gifs):

MwqXQ5.gif

Bernaert goes to the shoelaces to try to escape a hold!

1WoMrP.gif

• Like 2

Meanwhile...

This "match" was pretty fun though nothing must see beyond a couple of gifs. Weird how Yoshihiko's work rate and execution change so much... Not one of its best outings. 

Edited by Oyaji

Second match is Jo Labat, he of the cool short shoulder blasts vs Ami Sola who we've seen a bunch of.

It's a technical babyface match and a good one at that:

vlMw8m.gif

Very fun escape:

zv8A7Y.gif

This is one way to block a monkey flip:

GvkAM7.gif

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

Someone jacking your stuff, @Matt D?

That, my friend, is "jetlag": scholar, gentleman, man with a great youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoNjepArxXAVWnk13JF9v6A) and in this with us on the Segunda Caida reviews. In general though, I'm happy with anyone reposting anything I put together because I want these things to be seen but don't actually want to run a wrestling twitter account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last match this week is a war between Inca Peruano and Jacky Corn.

Peruano was so great because he could marry mean shots and heeling it up with stuff like this:

k8xPXr.gif

I'm not sure anything could sum up this match quite as well as this; look at the disdain that Corn has for Peruano after hammering the leg:

xn0mLz.gif

Couple of examples of mauling, but I don't want to make this too long otherwise.

And Peruano mauling post-escape:

D1OAWA.gif

Corn could beat the crap out of guys with his uppercuts:

XLGRp8.gif

• Like 3