DVDVR Message Board

12 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

But when the Superstar was really the Superstar, he burned so brightly and greatly. He was a very very influential worker, looks and interview-wise and especially the muscles and "cool heel" archetype.

I do dig the crazy Florida stuff with Kevin Sullivan and BJHaynes as well, but its campy as heck.

- RAF

I love his resurrection promo after being attacked by Sullivan. "I will break these chains that bind me!"

Edited by BurningBeard
  • Like 4

Bud Cody was apt to beat the crap out of guys:

q7qE1R.gif

Delaporte was a constant cheating presence but would absolutely show ass when challenged:

VAqDR9.gif

It also led to situations like this:

1WOoLo.gif

• Like 2

Absolutely beautiful fat guy moonsault that had to suck to be on the receiving end of.  God love the Headhunters.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Absolutely beautiful fat guy moonsault that had to suck to be on the receiving end of.  God love the Headhunters.

They had a match in Australia where he hit the moonsault on Canadian Tiger and just - JUST - rotated over in time. We were basically 5 degrees away from a murder-suicide.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Pete said:

They had a match in Australia where he hit the moonsault on Canadian Tiger and just - JUST - rotated over in time. We were basically 5 degrees away from a murder-suicide.

High Risk Championship Wrestling TV (July 18th, 1999)

Yep, pretty much as I remembered it. 😲

• Like 5

This is a hell of a 1958 finish to a fall:

ROmyWE.gif

Delaporte really is a delight.

oVoBNX.gif

4QjrEx.gif

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

How to help your pal who then helps himself:

2xPP1P.gif

How not to help your pal:

0YNNXG.gif

Very satisfying stuff:

ANzzA1.gif

It leads right into an airplane spin and the finish of the second fall, which I'll grab later. (it's good)

• Like 2
4 hours ago, AxB said:

Someone needs to show that dude how to work safe. He almost spiked his opponent on his head!