DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

21 hours ago, D.Z said:

e0c31068ccc365f025e6f4376d9980a7cb0b6d9e

You know, if I ever figure out that damn Fire Pro move creator tool recreating this might be my sole contribution.

Shit, sorry for the edit but I just realized this would also make for a good visual representation of 2020.  Putting your goggles on ready to take on world only for it to bash you in the face and have you land on your nuts.  Seems oddly appropriate.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We only get 1 minute of Marcel Parmentier vs Al Aruajo (and I thought it was a Rougeau the announcer was saying, but it's not). Parmentier is the biggest missed opportunity in this footage so far. He was an astounding heel but we just don't have the footage. 

Here's the finish as it's so little. Fun stuff:

YWwm7K.gif

Main match that follows is Gordon Nelson/Bud Cody (Canadians billed as Americans) vs Delaporte and Paul Villars. Long tag match with Delaporte up to his usual no good.

Villars doesn't stand out as much as someone like Guy Robin as a Delaporte partner but he was a game villain, certainly. Look at how he stalks and hammers Nelson here:

5Qk47B.gif

So much to see here. Delaporte was a coward and a knave but also dangerous and skilled. Look at how he escapes the full nelson, the mean shot he lays in, the tricked out takedown, and most of all, how he turns it all into him eating a foot to the face in the end. Walking that balance is the epitome of perfect heeling.

gZOEnY.gif

• Like 1

"Superstar" Billy Graham's kung-fu gimmick has to be the least intimidating "serious" gimmick of all-time. Been binging mid-80s Mid-Atlantic lately and I bust out laughing every time I see this.

tumblr-ob8zac-Pj-Hg1tx8dnyo1-400.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

But when the Superstar was really the Superstar, he burned so brightly and greatly. He was a very very influential worker, looks and interview-wise and especially the muscles and "cool heel" archetype.

I do dig the crazy Florida stuff with Kevin Sullivan and BJHaynes as well, but its campy as heck.

- RAF

• Like 2