DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

That guy ruled. Was it Wifebeater that nearly killed him? Fuck, I hated CZW and all of its dirt wrestlers for everything about that BJW debacle*. 

* with the lone exception of Zandig/Honma, in which Zandig's hair gets caught on a barbed wire board and Honma brushes his teeth on Zandig's skullet. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it was the Wifebeater. 

The Yamakawa "comeback" after that injury was so sad. He had a tag with Takeshi Sasaki or Numazawa or someone and he could barely do anything and looked pretty well lost in the ring. Talk about cutting down a talent (though admittedly, those bumps would have caught up to him anyway). 

Second match we launched this week was Andre Drapp vs Yves Amor. Great heavyweight match. Drapp is one of the best, period.

yoBlkP.gif

K1NXEY.gif

Amor was big but could still do the major 50s French Catch counters smoothly. Look at how Drapp just gives him no quarter here though

YWwpXn.gif

• Like 2

Rolling leglock:

XLv6g8.gif

Take the crowd down and bring em back up:

91o8l8.gif

Amor was big. It was mentioned in the Andre book that about a decade later he was one of Andre's first opponents and a natural one at that. Look at these clubbers:

0YNg1V.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

2 Cold is both really good and arguably the last person I'd ever take a move from.

I would take that over his goddamn sloppy moonsault legdrop.  

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I would take that over his goddamn sloppy moonsault legdrop.  

I don't know, I feel like the tumbleweed is tailor made to drop as much of his weight as possible with the maximum amount of torque.  

• Like 1

Neither would be fun but I agree with the extra torque on the tumbleweed. Scorpio was so innovative but man sometimes his matches, especially in ECW, turned him just doing a shitload of moves in a row. I think there was a Sabu or Mikey match where it was actually part of the story. 

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

I don't know, I feel like the tumbleweed is tailor made to drop as much of his weight as possible with the maximum amount of torque.  

Imagine a man coming down on your face with his ass with no ability to see where he actually is (hey, some people might be into that lol). And if he overshoots, you get a nice heel to your grill. The margin for error is much smaller.

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Imagine a man coming down on your face with his ass with no ability to see where he actually is (hey, some people might be into that lol). And if he overshoots, you get a nice heel to your grill. The margin for error is much smaller.

This is basically the choice between fighting a lion or a tiger.  I can only assume which one will kill me worse.  

• Haha 3

When you REALLY have to escape a hold (look, they can't all be winners):

XLvo6v.gif

On the other hand, I like everything about this, including how modern the crowd interaction seems. Amor is like the best possible mix between Brody and Sandow:

71mL6Q.gif

Tremendous stuff all around:

gZOL5r.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1