DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

11 hours ago, D.Z said:

2f6c4cbdbf59f1979b3e7209eaeafc3f0188487b

I see you are an individual of refined and sophisticated aesthetic taste.  I salute you.

12 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I normally don't go all "Fuck [insert some asshat here]"  But seriously fuck Kevin Dunn.

sometimes, Eric Bischoff does have his finger on the pulse of wrestling fans everywhere

• Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 9:00 PM, Matt D said:

I don't know who needs this today.

Probably @The Natural

oVBz9k.gif

Cheers, @Matt D.

On 6/14/2020 at 8:52 AM, BrianS81177 said:

I don't wanna steal someone else's gimmick, so @The Natural, take it away

Thanks, @BrianS81177. Fcuk Hulk Hogan.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Man, the Briscoes were really good as teenagers.

Like, ridiculously great, and not in a spot monkey way either. They had a match at the Elk's Lodge with the SATs on the same ICW show with Eddy vs Low Ki in late 2001 and you could see those four were just light years ahead of the pack.

• Like 1

I'm behind again.

These are really nice from Chaisne:

oVBDzk.gif

A lot of these matches mix some tried and true spots with an organic feel of guys just trying stuff:

xn0PME.gif

I think it's worth watching how Labat keeps the hold on here. He never lets go of the arm. He makes the small victory of the kip up come at a positioning cost so he's able to put it right back on. It's quick and dynamic but never comes off as cooperative, even when, by all rights, the idea of a repeated series of kip ups out of headscissors should be.

P7wPy2.gif

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Pete said:

Like, ridiculously great, and not in a spot monkey way either. They had a match at the Elk's Lodge with the SATs on the same ICW show with Eddy vs Low Ki in late 2001 and you could see those four were just light years ahead of the pack.

Oh yeah, those were both great matches.

That period from the end of ECW to the start of ROH is my favorite era of indie wrestling

Edited by Zimbra

Following the headscissors was a legsplitter, which led to this exchange. Maybe a little more cooperative here, maybe, but to great effect. Also look at the effort on the no-help bodyslam. That could have been a finish and every person in the crowd would have bought it.

JynJ3K.gif

There just aren't enough scoop slams backbreakers in the world:

NLrN32.gif

More back-work:

VADY3z.gif

• Like 2