DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

20 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Is the Firefly funhouse the best shortform examination of a wrestlers career? 

Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling is the only thing I can think of that’s even kind of like it, and that was made by a serial rapist, so yeah. 

On 6/27/2020 at 3:04 AM, RIPPA said:

There is no way I am getting through this new WON tonight because it is fucking massive. However add example 588256322105489 to what trash Vince and the WWE are

Renee Young has heat on her for going to get testing on her own AND for then going public

And as of at least 6/25 - neither Vince, HHH, Kevin Dunn or Mark Carrano had contacted her to see how she was feeling

(And this is all coming from Moxley for those wondering)

What a shitty company. My late Mum told to me treat people as you'd want to be.

So why is it that when Becky Lynch said she had a big announcement, everyone assumed she was pregnant, but when Renee Young says she has one, it's all speculation about her leaving WWE?

4 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Was it ever confirmed that the Eric character from the Little Mermaid was in fact based on the likeness of Eric Bischoff? Like, didn't he do the stills/modelled for the character depictions etc.

Never heard that before. But now that you mentioned it, I can’t not see it. 

5 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Was it ever confirmed that the Eric character from the Little Mermaid was in fact based on the likeness of Eric Bischoff? Like, didn't he do the stills/modelled for the character depictions etc.

I believe that was a joke that snowballed into urban legend. He did do some modeling, so it’s not impossible they saw him in a clothing ad and used that as a reference. 

13 hours ago, Morganti said:

Random ass thought.

Is the Firefly funhouse the best shortform examination of a wrestlers career? 

It is my favorite "match" of the post rona wrestling landscape, even if there are other matches that were straight up better wrestling contests.

The best thing about the Firefly Funhouse match is that under the facade of exposing John Cena, it's really a massive condemnation of Vince McMahon.

• Like 2

WWEs just added the two out of three falls match between Sheamus and Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules 2012. This match needs talking up more. Daniel Bryan, the GOAT was right to say it was overshadowed by the main event Extreme Rules match between John Cena and Brock Lesnar. It's a great match, Sheamus' best.

• Like 2

Also added, the Falls Count Anywhere No Disqualification match pitting Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks in the RAW main event, 28th November 2016. This remains the best Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair match. In a nice touch when both made their entrances, both took their entrance gear off while making them to be ready for the battle ahead.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Also added, the Falls Count Anywhere No Disqualification match pitting Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks in the RAW main event, 28th November 2016. This remains the best Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair match. In a nice touch when both made their entrances, both took their entrance gear off while making them to be ready for the battle ahead.

I was there live, seated next to the entrance ramp, almost directly across from the announcers. When they announced this match everyone in my section got excited, because there was a big cleared out area right in front of us, with some tables folded up too, iirc, so we assumed they would be fighting there. Nope, they went over to the announce table instead, and then it was kind of hard to see the actual end of the match.  I did have a great view of Charlotte completely missing Sasha on the moonsault though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, AxB said:

So why is it that when Becky Lynch said she had a big announcement, everyone assumed she was pregnant, but when Renee Young says she has one, it's all speculation about her leaving WWE?

1) She literally said she isn't pregnant already.

2) People are cynical.

My guess is she got a deal to do a cookbook or a cooking show.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AxB said:

Because she's waiting until the night AEW airs to announce whatever it is?  That's why I'm thinking it might be wrestling/career related.

Honestly surprised she's lasted this long with WWE.  I expected Vince to outright fire her or haze her out of the company after Moxley left.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:04 PM, RIPPA said:

There is no way I am getting through this new WON tonight because it is fucking massive. However add example 588256322105489 to what trash Vince and the WWE are

Renee Young has heat on her for going to get testing on her own AND for then going public

And as of at least 6/25 - neither Vince, HHH, Kevin Dunn or Mark Carrano had contacted her to see how she was feeling

(And this is all coming from Moxley for those wondering)

On 6/27/2020 at 1:53 PM, Death From Above said:

The recklessness of the WWE about this seems to not really have a limit.

I was listening to WOR Saturday morning and they were discussing all this plus how WWE doesn't want its wrestlers who test positive announcing it publicly.  It hit me that, at some point, making business decisions based purely on what is the most sleazy, downright evil approach must have become a sexual fetish for Vince.  I really cannot think of another explanation of how he just cannot help himself from doing the exact dirtiest thing every.  single.  time. except for that it gives him a chub.

That or he and Trump made a $1 bet in November of 2015 on who can be the most vile over the next four years.

Edited by Technico Support

A major announcement is expected to be made Tuesday regarding the future of the NXT UK brand of WWE as talent were informed there is a mandatory conference call tomorrow, but were not given any indication what for.

Given the timing, it could be anything from establishing and emphasizing a new code of conduct to what the future holds for the brand itself. 

A number of NXT UK contracted wrestlers were named in various allegations over the past two weeks as part of the #SpeakingOut movement. Two of those wrestlers, Travis Banks and Ligero, were released Friday. Additionally, NXT UK has held no shows in months due to the pandemic.

Prior to the pandemic, WWE had been in an expansion mode with plans for using the UK formula to create NXT outposts all over the world. But with the company's short term goals focusing on increasing profit margins while taking in less revenue, leading to massive cuts, those expansion plans have been shelved for the time being.

https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-news/major-nxt-uk-announcement-expected-tuesday-314396

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

I think this is quite possibly the best main roster women's match of them all.  I'd have to think on it for a second but it's up there.  There are about 5-6 NXT women's matches that I would rank ahead including the two Sasha/Bayley matches

• Like 1