DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Yeah basically he says something like "My intention is to not wrestle another match"

So obviously when Vince throws like 5 million dollars at him come Rumble suddenly it will be "Okay sure"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's pretty unfortunate that the timelines couldn't match up so we got the Boneyard match with AJ, then at the next big 4 show we got him vs Reigns with the hat and glove shit. 

That would have been note goddamn perfect. 

11 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

a lumberjack match where the Undertaker is the only lumberjack.. coming soon

I can totally see that happening. SPECIAL ENFORCER THE UNDERTAKER!!!

Or special guest referee appearances

Or just "cinematic matches only"

Edited by Curt McGirt

Finishing up that Undertaker documentary makes me want for him to have more of a mainstream relevance outside of WWE and wrestling in general that Flairs been having these past couple of years. Everybody who's been a fan to any degree knows of the Undertaker but I'd just like to see him be more than just one of these guys that just shows up on WWE tv does a cameo that doesn't make sense just to have him on tv and leave. Plus Taker is one of those guys who's a big sports fan and I'm sure there is a ton of current athletes that are fans of him. I've kinda wanted the same for Bret he could really be a bigger mainstream star outside of wrestling without having to be in movies and things. Austin has done well to a lesser degree 

One of the things I always admired about the Undertaker was how he he allocated his screentime and exposure, on the weekly shows and for the big cards. He wasn't there every time, sometimes just an appearance or a promo. He left you wanting more, made himself special and sold PPVs, thereby elevating the shows & opponents and making his brand special. But for me, he has been on severe diminishing returns for a long while now. HHH is in this boat as well, but his situation is different. Cactus Jack was one of my favorites, but the last years of his career really took him down for me. I appreciate how hard it is to retire, mentally financially and contract-wise, but it makes you respect the folks that can do it cleanly and with dignity.. Anyway, my point is, all this drawn out Undertaker stuff and the attendant on-line fan speculation (not his fault) really spoils it for me a bit, especially since there was more than one planned "final" match for the man, but it just keeps going...

- RAF

Seeing Montez Ford in the tag match with the ninjas and doing a bit of catch up watching on Street Profits, all I'm left with is the impression that he's Jamal from On My Block all grown up following the season finale of the latest season. The voice, the yelling, almost everything is Jamal and now I wish they'd give him a new partner to be his Ruby, except I don't know who would fit that role. Zayn maybe? 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah basically he says something like "My intention is to not wrestle another match"

So obviously when Vince throws like 5 million dollars at him come Rumble suddenly it will be "Okay sure"

You only get to retire once.  And when you renege, it's bullshit.  He "retired" against Roman Reigns and just kept going.  He's going to keep going.  

Last Ride was very well made and extremely good, but man, that was depressing as hell and I’m pretty sure that was the point. Taker clearly doesn’t know what he’s looking for but is going to keep going because he won’t know if or when he gets it. It’s basically The Wrestler, about 3-4 years before the death matches against Necro.

• Thanks 1

Necro coming out of retirement to face Undertaker in a deathmatch, think Boneyard match meets the cinematic shots and edited cuts of the Wrestler movie, gets all the buys in this house. It could go 5 minutes and as long as we get the chair sit down and slug it out sequence, some chairshots to the body, and Necro taking the chokeslam onto barbwire and/or thumbtacks, then I'm good. Give them both stunt doubles with wigs like Hot Shots part deux or Spaceballs, it's even better imo.

Edited by Hayabusa
Edit for those without reading comprehension who have to take everything literally
  • Like 2

You must not have seen his last match with Shrek (I think that's the guy's name. Quite stupid) or the photos from them. Necro is about to need a real undertaker.

EDIT: Shlak is the name. Actually I looked at the photos again and it's not that bad... I think it's just that without the beard, he looks ancient. He's got one of those chin structures that makes him look like one of those geezers that can fit his bottom lip all the way over his nose. Even though he's super skinny it looks like he's got abs for the first time too.

Edited by Curt McGirt

The match is on YouTube. And it's terrible. Necro could barely walk, let alone wrestle.

Also, he's super right wing now. Like HARD hard right wing.

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

They both clearly like their submarine sandwiches

However, I'm willing to bet that the closest Bray has been to a surfboard was watching Baywatch, whereas Muraco is really pretty damn good at it.

• Like 1