DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

He's done.  There not gonna upset the locker room for a guy in random tag team.  

A random tag team that oh by the way will be working the New Day and maybe the Usos for months and months because of how few tag teams there are.  Yeah I am sure there won't be any tension there. 

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

A random tag team that oh by the way will be working the New Day and maybe the Usos for months and months because of how few tag teams there are.  Yeah I am sure there won't be any tension there. 

Jimmy is still going to be out for months isn't he? Also again Ryker was the third guy on the team not really doing much of anything other than looking mean on the outside. He has always been pretty unnecessary.

If you don't want to support MAGA dipshits, don't watch WWE.  It's not that hard.  The problem is systemic.  Fish rots from the head, etc etc.

I mean it's cool of Owens to punch down on an undercard asswipe I guess but he's still cashing checks from a guy who is buddy buddy with the current administration and whose wife/former CEO is actively running a Trump superpac.  But yes by all means let's clown on Gunner because it's easy.

I liked Kevin Steen a lot.  Not sure about this Kevin Owens guy.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Technico Support said:

If you don't want to support MAGA dipshits, don't watch WWE.  It's not that hard.  The problem is systemic.  Fish rots from the head, etc etc.

I mean it's cool of Owens to punch down on an undercard asswipe I guess but he's still cashing checks from a guy who is buddy buddy with the current administration and whose wife/former CEO is actively running a Trump superpac.  But yes by all means let's clown on Gunner because it's easy.

I see your point and that might be a small part of the reason I'm so into AEW due to how relatively progressive they are.  But I don't fault anybody that has made it their dream to hit the big time.  And while it may seem hypocritical due to the fucker at the top there's way too many wonderful people that work for that company.  As for Kevin Owens while he may be cashing those checks for him and his family he's also taken his cut from a t shirt sale and donated it to charity.  So yeah, to me he's one of the good guys.  As for it being so easy to punch down on Riker it's very much not just him.  In my timeline I've seen Sami say something and Ali summed it up nicely as well.  Given that Ali was a former cop who was shunned repeatedly for doing the right thing I take seriously what he has to say in his response.

So long story short I see what you're saying but feel it's doing a disservice to the good people that do work there.  As for Riker he'll likely be phased out and Cutler/Murphy remain the team.  That's cool with me.  I don't wish ill on Riker but do hope he at least takes the tweet down and walk back from that.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

You realize the Bucks are staunch republicans, right?

20 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

You realize the Bucks are staunch republicans, right?

What does that have to do with my post?  And if you can't tell the difference between working with the Bucks and working for the McMahons, you're not very bright or you're being intellectually dishonest to win Internet points or something.

Call me when the Young Bucks support the Saudis, lay off wrestlers during a pandemic, kill a wrestler by doing a dangerous stunt on the cheap, and run Trump's reelection campaign.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

• RIPPA locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Gronk is no longer under WWE contract 

Rob Gronkowski is no longer under WWE contract.

Dave Meltzer has confirmed a Wrestling Inc report tonight that Gronkowski has exercised a release clause in his contract. As part of that release clause, he will reportedly not be able to join another wrestling company for “a set period of time”.

The report also said while there was an expectation that Gronkowski would wrestle at SummerSlam, any match with Gronkowski will no longer be happening.

Gronkowski signed with the WWE in March and hosted both nights of WrestleMania 36. He won the WWE 24/7 championship during those tapings, pinning Mojo Rawley after doing a dive off a platform and onto several NXT developmental wrestlers.

On tonight’s episode of Raw, Gronkowski lost the WWE 24/7 championship to R-Truth. Disguised as a gardener, Truth rolled up Gronkowski while Gronkowski was outside filming a TikTok video and pinned him to win the championship for the 36th time.

Gronkowski, who retired from the NFL in March 2019, was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers back in April.

These celebrity deals are really paying off. Rousey on Sabbatical. Gronk already gone. Cain Velasquez released.

And I feel like I am forgetting one

• Sad 1

Or when I close it in.... mmm... let's say 2 days, I'll use this.

140.gif

--

Also, lol Jaxson Ryker's black half-sister also called him out for being a shithead.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Is Mojo the biggest waste of money, and resource in the history of the business, or does Lanny Poffo “WCW Star” still lead the pack?

I was going to make the argument for Ed Leslie so I went to Wikipedia to see how long he was under contract and:

In February 2004, Leslie caused an anthrax scare at one of Boston's MBTA stations, Downtown Crossing, where he was working at the time. He had left a bag of cocaine in his booth, which a subway rider spotted and assumed to be anthrax. The building was evacuated as a precaution. Leslie checked into a drug rehabilitation facility after admitting that the cocaine was his

I have no response to that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I remember that. That’s when everybody was on pins, and needles post-9/11. 

Apparently from the Fightful subscription newsletter(Which I didn’t know about) Gronk pissed off managment.

How'd he do that?

I assumed he wanted out of the deal.  Wrestling in empty arenas doesn't seem that appealing for a celebrity part-timer.

16 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Is Mojo the biggest waste of money, and resource in the history of the business, or does Lanny Poffo “WCW Star” still lead the pack?

At least with Lanny, sure they were paying him to do nothing, but they could call him up anytime they wanted to listen to that sonorous voice. Worth every penny right there.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

Mojo needs to follow that out of context Mongo Twitter account and he needs to learn how to work like him. At least that would be entertaining.

4 hours ago, elizium said:

At least with Lanny, sure they were paying him to do nothing, but they could call him up anytime they wanted to listen to that sonorous voice. Worth every penny right there.

That's true.

I manged to get him to sing Happy Birthday last June for a friend of mine, since he is a Genius fan. I emailed him the night before, he replied back with a personalized video 20 mins later. All for free. Nice guy.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 6

Regarding Gronk's heat

It turns out that Rob Gronkowski wasn’t well-liked by some in WWE over a situation that occurred over the course of the WrestleMania taping schedule back in April.

As noted, the former WWE 24/7 Champion asked out of his WWE deal in order to depart from the company. Wrestling Inc was the first to report that he had exercised the release clause in his contract.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select had some additional details on the reaction from the WWE locker room towards the NFL star.

It was noted that most stars on the Raw roster didn’t have to deal with him as they weren’t really in the loop on his status with the company. A source told the media outlet that “He was still considered a SmackDown guy.”

It was noted that those in the company that they spoke with “Even those with a reputation of being easy, helpful, and good to work with, all had negative things to say about working with Gronk after his WrestleMania fiasco.”

Per the report, there was heat on Gronkowski after his hesitation to do his scheduled spot that put the WrestleMania filming two hours behind schedule. It was mentioned that one top name called Gronk “A F**kin’ clown who we are so much better off without.”

The incident at WrestleMania was originally broken by Fightful, which stated at the time that WWE wanted him to do a spot where he would jump off a platform onto a bunch of WWE stars.

It was reported that Gronk was “terrified” of the dive but Vince McMahon convinced him that it was safe, which took a significant amount of time to do.

Just to be clear - a non-trained wrestler wasn't sure about having to do a dive off a high object and he is the asshole

Only in wrestling...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I'm sure Vince's "convincing" amounted to "C'mon pal, quit being such a pussy!" followed by an exasperated Stephanie telling him he can't call people that anymore

• Haha 2