DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Revenge is unknown outside of a small area. I know John McChesney very well he will tell you the same thing.   Same with Mega and Remix. AAW, Beyond  I'l give you.   Did you watch the Trent Acid cup?  The commentators pretty much buried the guy.   You want credibility. Of all of the promotions you listed name me 3 matches that Cogar enhanced and made better.  I've seen the guy for 3-4 yrs and never saw a match he was in that would make me say "damn I'd drive 3 hrs to see him"         

Remix draws 800-1000 to every show they run. AAW draws around 500 every show, Revenge close to that too. I'm just straight up done responding to you. The goal posts move every time you post. It went from he only works two places to you wouldn't drive 3 hours to see him. You have no credibility. Your creepy hatred of Britt Baker is off-putting, and name dropping that you work for tax time wrestling (sorry 5 Star Wrestling) doesn't impress anyone. Have a great day totally rational man.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Revenge is unknown outside of a small area. I know John McChesney very well he will tell you the same thing.   Same with Mega and Remix. AAW, Beyond  I'l give you.   Did you watch the Trent Acid cup?  The commentators pretty much buried the guy.   You want credibility. Of all of the promotions you listed name me 3 matches that Cogar enhanced and made better.  I've seen the guy for 3-4 yrs and never saw a match he was in that would make me say "damn I'd drive 3 hrs to see him"         

I’d love to see this amazing list of talents you’d drive 3 hours to see. Especially when you seem to post hate towards workers that have success for any promotion but the one you’re associated with (in particular Britt Baker).

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Remix draws 800-1000 to every show they run. AAW draws around 500 every show, Revenge close to that too. I'm just straight up done responding to you. The goal posts move every time you post. It went from he only works two places to you wouldn't drive 3 hours to see him. You have no credibility. Your creepy hatred of Britt Baker is off-putting, and name dropping that you work for tax time wrestling (sorry 5 Star Wrestling) doesn't impress anyone. Have a great day totally rational man.

so you are either Cogar or Wyatt because nobody else cares this much or gives a shit to name every place the guy has worked.   Have a great day, thanks for checking out my creds

37 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

I’d love to see this amazing list of talents you’d drive 3 hours to see. Especially when you seem to post hate towards workers that have success for any promotion but the one you’re associated with (in particular Britt Baker).

I'm not associated with a promotion nor have I been in a long time. I used to drive 3 hrs to see CM Punk, AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Low Ki, Chris Hero, SJK,  Colt,  Homicide, every month.   Right now I would make the drive maybe to see Wardlow, the Work Horsemen/Lethal Enforcers, Orange Cassidy, Nick Gage, Lee Moriarty, just off my head.     To think I hate many indy wrestlers is off base.  I don't even hate Brit. I told her she's gotten better on the mic and look forward to catching up next month. She knows she's not my favorite.  I don't hate Atticus either. I have family and friends that are police officers and what he did is disrespectful. That's all I said. Now some of you are saying I'm not credible, fuck that.  If you think by not liking a guy because he is selling a "cops are pigs" sticker is hatred than yeah I guess I do hate him.  You got it all wrong Mavs

17 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I'm not associated with a promotion nor have I been in a long time. I used to drive 3 hrs to see CM Punk, AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Low Ki, Chris Hero, SJK,  Colt,  Homicide, every month.   Right now I would make the drive maybe to see Wardlow, the Work Horsemen/Lethal Enforcers, Orange Cassidy, Nick Gage, Lee Moriarty, just off my head.     To think I hate many indy wrestlers is off base.  I don't even hate Brit. I told her she's gotten better on the mic and look forward to catching up next month. She knows she's not my favorite.  I don't hate Atticus either. I have family and friends that are police officers and what he did is disrespectful. That's all I said. Now some of you are saying I'm not credible, fuck that.  If you think by not liking a guy because he is selling a "cops are pigs" sticker is hatred than yeah I guess I do hate him.  You got it all wrong Mavs

Did he specifically say all cops? That’s my general issue with a statement like yours. I too know many cops, and consider them friends, but even they admit not every cop is good. I’m not trying to condone what he said either though, and I do get why the cops that are good and honest wouldn’t like his bumper sticker. 

As for my assuming you still worked for a promotion I did see it mentioned that you’re associated with $5 wrestling, so that’s my mistake. Sorry. 

Your list of who you’ve drove to see is definitely a common one in the northeast, and I hope that you didn’t take offense to my asking. The only name on your list I’m not really sold on is Wardlow, but that’s just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, MavsFan77 said:

Did he specifically say all cops? That’s my general issue with a statement like yours. I too know many cops, and consider them friends, but even they admit not every cop is good. I’m not trying to condone what he said either though, and I do get why the cops that are good and honest wouldn’t like his bumper sticker. 

As for my assuming you still worked for a promotion I did see it mentioned that you’re associated with $5 wrestling, so that’s my mistake. Sorry. 

Your list of who you’ve drove to see is definitely a common one in the northeast, and I hope that you didn’t take offense to my asking. The only name on your list I’m not really sold on is Wardlow, but that’s just my opinion. 

I apologize for striking out. My cousin is a NY sheriff, my friend since first grade is NYPD. Both have families and like you sad there are good and bad.   My thing with Wardlow is I was able to watch him grow from his first match til now. He was always very humble and he has remained that way. Similar to Elias. Neither let success go to their head.     I haven't seen enough west coast indy to have a favorite I'd travel to see to be honest. That's more on me and what I typically have eyes on.   Jeff Cobb is a guy I've gotten to know well and would travel to see him on a show. He is another one that is very down to earth and never fails to entertain live. I'd make a drive to see Pillman too mainly because his dad was always my favorite.   For female workers it's a lot harder to pick. Maybe Sam Laterna??

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OctopusCinema said:

So. What is everyone’s top 5 Road Dogg matches?

New Age Outlaws/Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie Dumpster Match is my #1, I'd have to think hard about the rest. And hey, we just had a tag title match end in a dumpster last night so it's apropos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

Only two that immediately spring to my  mind-

Road Dogg vs Al Snow for hardcore title

NAO vs Funk and Foley

And maybe this isnt a full match but a favorite interaction that jumps out was Road Dogg and one of the Uso brothers during a Royal Rumble. Road Dogg goes for his pop n lock shimmy and the Uso brother just outshimmies him with some outstanding pop n lock

Edited by Hayabusa
Clarifying and filling in blanks

1 minute ago, OctopusCinema said:

Singles or with Mr. Ass and the rest of DX? 

Rebellion 99 vs Chris Jericho

Wrestlemania 14 w/Billy Gunn vs Chainsaw Charlie/Cactus Jack

8 Man Tag No Way Out of Texas

The Roadie vs 1-2-3 Kid In Your House 2

Umm yeah I’m stuck at four. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Did Road Dogg ever have an actual finishing move?

He used the pump handle for a decent amount of time there.

I haven't seen them in ages, but I remember liking the NAO vs Austin/Taker tag title matches from the summer of '98 the last time I saw them.

Edited by PetrolCB

I used to call Road Dogg's version of the Pump Handle Slam the Hump Handle, because of how he would trouser sex them before he hit it. 

Edited by AxB
Pressed Enter a bunch of times apparently
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

can you recommend me a AEW good starting show with them? I have IWTV and need to branch out more. Love how IWTV has been adding shows this year. Also think they have a live H20 show tonight too

Be easier to answer this from my computer than my phone, but... They said the whole archive is uploading today, so maybe start at the start? Failing that, try watching Cara Noir vs Pac from 2019... if you don't like that, Riptide is probably not for you. Pac was a mystery opponent so he might not be listed. Can't check just now. 

EDIT: Show name in Point Break 2019

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

This is not a good match (Armstrong started out okay but sort of falls apart midway) but it's a really good Regal performance and a great post-match promo:

Hand me down Lightning Express boots? 

I remember some wacky cage match maybe on SD where Road Dogg tries to hit some flippy do move off the top rope) and loses and has a pretty hilarious backstage segment where he’s explaining to Hunter that ‘I usually don’t do that.’

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I remember some wacky cage match maybe on SD where Road Dogg tries to hit some flippy do move off the top rope) and loses and has a pretty hilarious backstage segment where he’s explaining to Hunter that ‘I usually don’t do that.’

Was it from this match?

• Like 1