DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The WWE will pay a fortune to snatch him away from AEW so they can set up the perfect three way  dream match between Mongo, Mojo, & Titus at Wrestlemania in Chicago. AEW Will have to settle for his buddy Joe Gomez.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 2

That was a nice long 22-year break between the last time I realized Joe Gomez even existed. I'm guessing it was early on in "The Streak." Or perhaps even halfway through the streak when they were recycling guys just to fatten that number up. 

Edited by FluffSnackwell
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That Mongo twitter account is the only social media account I've got notifications turned on for. Just keeps getting better. That simple spot with Luger that was just posted...

Oh man, the look Benoit shoots him after he stumbles through the ropes like: "Dude, what are you doing?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, colonial said:

Just discovered USWA episodes from 1990 on Amazon Prime. My next few nights are booked.

There's a weird episode where Kerry call Marc Lowrance "Bill" twice during the promo and is stammering. Same episode had John Tatum looking sauced trying to make out with one of his valets who was not down with it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It couldn't have been for more than a month or two.

Cagematch has Ricky and Robert working matches from June to the end of October in 1996. They didn't work much for the rest of 96 or 97, and showed up in the WWF in early 1998.

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What the heck was that prop suitcase made of? Sometimes it looks safe, but then other times guys get busted open hardway from it.

I think it was just a regular metal case, not too heavy. But if you think about it, if it hit you flush on the flat side, that is not a big deal. Anywhere else might suck though. Which leads me to a memory stuck in my head somewhere: I think maybe it was during the JJ/Horsemen angle, and Mongo was going to hit JJ with the case in a match against Benoit. Debra held the case back which made Mongo hesitate, and he accidentally hits Benoit. Except instead of hitting him with the flat side he blasts him with the edge of the case and puts a nasty gash right on Benoit's forehead. 

11 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Cagematch has Ricky and Robert working matches from June to the end of October in 1996. They didn't work much for the rest of 96 or 97, and showed up in the WWF in early 1998.

I know Robert Gibson turned back up on Saturday Night sometime in 99 after Scott Hall threw the TV Title in the trash. I think there was a title match between Duggan and Gibson for the belt.

Guest Edwin
7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Vince could have easily convinced Gronk by letting him use a really safe harness with a strong clip like they've done in the past.

??‍♂️

Guest Edwin
5 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

In fairness, Mike Jackson at his worst destroys Mongo at his best.

In fairness, Mongo destroys himself at his best or worst.

Edited by Edwin

8 minutes ago, Edwin said:

In fairness, Mongo destroys himself at his best or worst.

Oh come on, there's a reason almost every 80s Midnight Express jobber match had Mike Jackson as an opponent.  And any one of those were better than any Steve McMichael match.

Guest Edwin
6 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Hey guys... we had the unbelievable awesomeness of George South in NWA 2020.. we can get Mike Jackson & F'n Joe Gomez in AEW.

Alright got death match legend Dr. Luther, so I wouldn't be surprised if we do!