DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Mojo needs to follow that out of context Mongo Twitter account and he needs to learn how to work like him. At least that would be entertaining.

I was just coming in here to say the Rick Rude and Steve Regal accounts are good but the Mongo account is the best thing ever. 

Edited by RIPPA
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'm sure Vince's "convincing" amounted to "C'mon pal, quit being such a pussy!" followed by an exasperated Stephanie telling him he can't call people that anymore

Or Vince did the dive first himself.

44 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'm sure Vince's "convincing" amounted to "C'mon pal, quit being such a pussy!" followed by an exasperated Stephanie telling him he can't call people that anymore

The report was Vince convinced him by doing the spot himself.   

I'm just pissed he's got such a Jim Jones like control over his company that the footage hasn't leaked yet. ? 

That Mongo twitter account is the only social media account I've got notifications turned on for. Just keeps getting better. That simple spot with Luger that was just posted...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, elizium said:

At least with Lanny, sure they were paying him to do nothing, but they could call him up anytime they wanted to listen to that sonorous voice. Worth every penny right there.

Plus it probably kept Randy happy. With Mojo there is no reward.

21 minutes ago, caley said:

I was just coming in here to say the Rick Rude and Steve Regal accounts are good but the Mongo account is the best thing ever. 

THE ROCK N ROLL EXPRESS IN 1996 AND THE RENEGADE~!

I feel this is an instance where the moniker ATM Eric is warranted.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Plus it probably kept Randy happy. With Mojo there is no reward.

If you believe Bischoff (always a VERY dicey proposition), Randy actually negotiated a salary, and then asked them to take Lanny's salary ($150,000 iirc) off it so he didn't actually cost WCW anything.

It is via SI so take it with the grains of salt appropriate but Kurt Angle says the WWE offered him the chance to manage Matt Riddle on the main roster but he turned it down because he couldn't fit into his schedule.

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

How long were the Rock n Rolls in WCW? I thought they were in either WWF or SMW around that time. 

It couldn't have been for more than a month or two.

1 hour ago, caley said:

I really want to know what Renegade was trying to do here.  

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I remember that. That’s when everybody was on pins, and needles post-9/11. 

Come to think of it, "Pins and Needles" would be a great name for a book about steroids in pro wrestling. Maybe if Brian Cage ever writes a memoir...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Edwin

Crazy how one Twitter account has everyone binge watching Mongo matches on the WWE Network. Hope someone takes note and they bring him back for one more run.

Edited by Edwin