DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Theory crafted the Sid v Wyatt funhouse - 

Starts in a wasteland. Sid in Lord Humongous cosplay. Wyatt as Mad Max. Car chase.

Flash forward and Sid's face is on the side of a tall building. A Skyscraper if you will. Bray ignores him in favor of a building with the face of "Mean" Mark Callous on it.

Flair comes in to back up Sid. Gives him a Horseman pep talk, only for Sid to run right into RoboCop!

Back in the ring and Sid lauches Robocop out and over the top rope, only to have Bray grab onto Sid's arm and pull him from the ring and into the darkness once more!

Sid then gets attacked by jobbers. He Powerbombs them until he is exhausted. All while Bray taunts him about being the true master of the world!

Sid finally gets his hands on Bray but before he can do anything he is attacked by Papa Shango! "Right on Time" quips Bray as he hands Shango a pair of scissors. Sid is then shown in an adult diaper with stink lines coming out.

**Insert Vince puppets with "Thats good shit" joke**

Now Sid has had enough.

He punches Bray in the mouth and climbs to the 2nd rope.

He jumps off, boot extended.

He lands!

His body explodes!

The Fiend appears and referee Wyatt declares Sid mentally unable to continue due to missing half a brain.

The End.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'd like to add that I've used random wrestling on the DVR today as mental exorcism and saw a terrible Rush vs. Jeff Cobb match with little to no crowd reaction on ROH and a super random ACH vs. Rich Swann match from MLW. ACH was the guy that flamed out on the industry completely, right? He was a nice, snug worker. 

43 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Needs more squirrels, squeegees and softball.

That absolutely needs to be the title of his bio.

It's also not as long as other books, because he has half the pages they do. 

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

13 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

If I ever won a moderately sized lotto amount, I'd use it fund a community theatre group production of Grease with Sid in the role of Danny Zuko. 

In his finest leathers.

skyscraper.jpg

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2014/11/11/22064341.html

I don't like to talk about this, but my grandfather was an artillery gunner in World War 2 at Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal. He saw more than anyone should. I don't know why I'm saying this, I guess it should just come out. For him. Rest in peace.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I love stories like that. I always think of Blears as the old guy I would see on my 90s AHPW tapes, but he was a bad mother fucker. Remember, that frail old man you see hobbling across the street or at the grocery store has probably seen and done way more badass shit than you ever will. My grandpa is 93 and has Parkinson's but I will freely admit he's more of a man than I am. Old people are awesome. 

• Thanks 1

I posted a version of that Blears story from a Hawaiian newspaper a couple of times a few years back. It was really one of those things you never really thought about: men of his age very likely participated in the war in some way. It's just was always so hard for me to process and make the connection of what a generational wide event that was. Maybe even moreso for the British when you think about the fact that London was bombed every single night for *months*, yet somehow the city continued to function. Millions of people even in civilian life just lived with that shit every day.

Blears' story is a hell of a story that I know has stuck with me for years. You couldn't make up a more harrowing story if you tried.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Lot of wrestlers taking TAFKA Gunner to task for tweeting dumb shit at the wrong moment that basically takes his TV gimmick to its logical conclusion. 

From the wrestling perspective, it will be interesting to see what the WWE does (I mean it won’t do anything but) because it’s not a great look when one tag partner has to respond saying “he doesn’t speak for me”

19 minutes ago, Rocco said:

He's done.  There not gonna upset the locker room for a guy in random tag team.  

This, especially when you add in the fact that he is the weak link of the group. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if the Forgotten Sons are disappeared for a few weeks and repackaged with just Blake and Cutler which is probably what they should have been in the first place.

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

ACH was the guy that flamed out on the industry completely, right? He was a nice, snug worker. 

He's still around.  I just watched a AAW card from a few months ago (pre-pandemic of course) where he wrestled TJP.  Now that I think about it, that's pretty funny that they put two guys with "attitude problems" who "flamed out" in one match.  I thought Impact was the promotion where all the guys nobody else wanted went to work.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1