DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Bye NXT UK, it was nice knowing you.

Since I don't follow many wrestling people maybe you guys know something I don't know. However, doesn't get rid of this one brand interfere with their plans for global domination? 

Edit - I mean it doesn't sound like they got rid of superstars that would force them to blow up the whole thing.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

1) She literally said she isn't pregnant already.

2) People are cynical.

My guess is she got a deal to do a cookbook or a cooking show.

Or she finally got that Hallmark Christmas movie. Well, maybe Netflix.

The wrestlers leaving who would break NXT UK would be Walter, Toni, Bate, & Seven. The latter two are among the accused, but WWE hasn't done anything yet as least one or two of the stories surrounding them seem to be murky. It doesn't seem likely they are to shut down NXT UK unless there are issues beyond the Speaking Out news. Code of conduct and maybe more firings or suspensions seem more likely.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Since I don't follow many wrestling people maybe you guys know something I don't know. However, doesn't get rid of this one brand interfere with their plans for global domination? 

Edit - I mean it doesn't sound like they got rid of superstars that would force them to blow up the whole thing.

I'm being plenty glib about it, but honestly, it would not at all shock me if Vince is sick of hearing about this and told Hunter, keep 5 guys, keep 5 girls and tell the rest to go fuck themselves.  

Keeping the whole roster together is expensive, and the UK PC is probably sunk cost at this point.  God only knows when they'll be able to perform to crowds again too, but certainly not before the end of the year. 

But then again, I could be completely wrong and they could be announcing  a series of tapings around Europe. Who the fuck knows when it comes to Vince. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm being plenty glib about it, but honestly, it would not at all shock me if Vince is sick of hearing about this and told Hunter, keep 5 guys, keep 5 girls and tell the rest to go fuck themselves.  

Keeping the whole roster together is expensive, and the UK PC is probably sunk cost at this point.  God only knows when they'll be able to perform to crowds again too, but certainly not before the end of the year. 

But then again, I could be completely wrong and they could be announcing  a series of tapings around Europe. Who the fuck knows when it comes to Vince. 

I could see that because it wouldn't make sense to close shop and then tell everyone they're willing to pay for them to relocate to Ronaville, Florida, USA. That would be way too costly and wouldn't go over too way. However, either way, that would probably spell the end of Walter in WWE/NXT.

If I had to guess, it would be a code of conduct as Eivion stated above and at worst, an indefinite hiatus to allow for restructuring (mean more layoffs/furloughs). 

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

lol they turned off replies.  

Please tell me that there was one "Malcolm Bivens makes Wayne Brady look like Malcolm X" before the purge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Added to WWE's YouTube yesterday, Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles at Extreme Rules 2016. Hell of a match. Great chemistry between the two and it's the best of their matches. You want to watch it and Payback 2016 which preceded it all over again. I know it's a favourite of @Eivion's.

• Like 1

Just now, The Natural said:

Added to WWE's YouTube yesterday, Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles at Extreme Rules 2016. Hell of a match. Great chemistry between the two and it's the best of their matches. You want to watch it and Payback 2016 which preceded it all over again. I know it's a favourite of @Eivion's.

Cool thumbnail seeing Splash Mountain used.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think this is quite possibly the best main roster women's match of them all.  I'd have to think on it for a second but it's up there.  There are about 5-6 NXT women's matches that I would rank ahead including the two Sasha/Bayley matches

I'd say Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair's Falls Count Anywhere No Disqualification match RAW main event, 28th November 2016 is the best women's match on the main roster. If we throw NXT into the talk, I'd definitely have the two Sasha Banks vs. Bayley matches at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2015 and Respect 2015 over it.

17 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

They've always had this pie in the sky idea of opening WWE/NXT outposts everywhere and it's never going to work.  Their more immediate goal of NXT UK was to kill off UK companies who had gotten tv deals at the time (World of Sport, maybe?  I forget) and, I guess, also kill off the UK indy scene in general.  Between NXT UK and all the sexual abuse allegations, I'd say that's pretty much been done.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Johnny Cash's version is great and I'm probably in the minority but I love Marilyn Manson's version of that song.

I haven't heard that. Will have to seek it out. Thank you. I'm a big Johnny Cash fan.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Listening to Crow Sting's WCW theme and it's a shame we never had the two flagbearers of WWE, The Undertaker and Sting for WCW never going at it. Sting finally signs with WWE in 2014 and it needed to be him vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXXI and not what we got, Sting/HHH and Undertaker/Bray Wyatt dammit. Talk about a missed opportunity. Fuck!

• Like 1

I asked this over at the WON boards and never got an answer.  Has there been any word as to why Shayna and Bianca Belair haven't been on the product in weeks?  Does it have to do with some sort of quarantine or are they just not being used for some idiotic reason so that a youngster like Nia Jax can have their spot?