DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Just now, BurningBeard said:

I watched Halloween Havoc 91 yesterday too! What an absolute clusterfuck that match was but if it wasn’t the most amazing spectacle when I was a kid! 

My friend and I were marveling at the amount of talent in the ring for that match. And we were wondering, why in the hell weren't all those guys in singles or tag matches to fill out the card? Sting was the US champ so surely he could've defended it against Abby or Cactus or Scott Hall. I guess they really needed the time to squeeze in those Van Hammer/Doug Somers, Oz/Bill Kazmaier and Big Josh/PN News vs. The Creatures matches.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

RE: Shotzi Blackheart responded to someone on Twitter that the "Crowd" is wearing masks during the Smackdown taping

Considering they sell WWE branded masks I can't believe they didn't have everyone in the crowd wearing them front and center this whole time for free advertising.

Edited by Vgmastr
  • Like 1

There is no way I am getting through this new WON tonight because it is fucking massive. However add example 588256322105489 to what trash Vince and the WWE are

Renee Young has heat on her for going to get testing on her own AND for then going public

And as of at least 6/25 - neither Vince, HHH, Kevin Dunn or Mark Carrano had contacted her to see how she was feeling

(And this is all coming from Moxley for those wondering)

• Sad 1

Like, I don't believe Tony Khan is this sweetheart of a human being, but there is zero doubt in my mind he has contacted those two several times this week to see how she's doing. I can't even fucking imagine being an employer and not checking in and seeing if there was anything I could do, much less be pissed she had the audacity to get a test done on her own. 

I was joking with friends that when you fuck with Renee Young, you've declared war on the IWC. Hardly anybody gets stanned harder than she does. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

There is no way I am getting through this new WON tonight because it is fucking massive. However add example 588256322105489 to what trash Vince and the WWE are

Renee Young has heat on her for going to get testing on her own AND for then going public

And as of at least 6/25 - neither Vince, HHH, Kevin Dunn or Mark Carrano had contacted her to see how she was feeling

(And this is all coming from Moxley for those wondering)

I have all the respect in the world for Renee Young.  You've GOT to take care of yourself.  Because no one else will.  And anyone in the company mad at her about it can go fuck themselves.    

I work as an "essential" employee so I'm around people and I know the company doesn't really give a shit about me if I caught it, but at least they'd go through the motions.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Time for her to go back to real sports. I’d think the Golden Knights or the Raiders would jump to hire her, so for the social media followers. 

Turner has the NBA deal, too. I'm sure they could work out a thing where she does NBA studio shit and moonlights w AEW. Might be fun.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Mox is never going back and Renee ought to be looking for a way out. 

I think he'd go back eventually for a Shield reunion/HOF induction. But just to do stuff? Nah. 

10 minutes ago, just drew said:

Turner has the NBA deal, too. I'm sure they could work out a thing where she does NBA studio shit and moonlights w AEW. Might be fun.

If you wanted her in that company, sure. ? 

53 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If you wanted her in that company, sure. ? 

Renee Young on my tv is never bad. Wrestling, sports, weather, cooking. Whatever. Just get it done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, just drew said:

Renee Young on my tv is never bad. Wrestling, sports, weather, cooking. Whatever. Just get it done.

Settle down, Hollyw....   wait, are we allowed to make that joke anymore?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I assume that Kayla Braxton has absolutely no heat on her because apparently in the WWE getting the COVID once, working like it is no big deal only to get it again is a badge of honor.

Meanwhile Simone Johnson is really not doing her career any favors calling people who are talking about the WWE policies as "snitches".   Between Nia and Simone, maybe the Rock should only focus on the male side of his family tree for the future

Yeah, wouldn't they get worse and not better due to early negatives? 45, Dana White, and Vince McMahon are all three powerful people who have been able to get away with ignoring shit and carrying on like normal up to this point. I would say it is fun watching them squirm and understand they don't actually run the world but people are dying or going through hell because of it. 

• Like 3