DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Found out last night that 2020 is a bad time to try to explain Slick and the Twin Towers to people who don't watch wrestling.

I thought I might be able to get out of the conversation somewhat gracefully until Akeem won his match and he started dancing to "Jive Soul Bro".

Edited by Doc Townsend
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, caley said:

So with all the craziness over their run, is today the first time Impact/TNA has terminated and stripped their world champ of the belt?!

It's the first "Fired/Stripped".  Alberto's was from the Paige shit but it was a suspension and he came back 90 days later and stayed with the company another 7 months until he was fired for no-showing.  

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
7 hours ago, The Natural said:

She should preach this to her co-worker backstage who celebrate big gatherings and parties without social distancing or face masks.

Remember right after Eddie died, someone asked Vince if he would be financially supporting Eddie's family, and his response was "Eddie's merchandise will be on sale forever. And all of the royalties will go straight to the family". Which was scummy enough then. But to find out that they weren't actually giving the family royalties?

It's a very good job that Vickie is such a great non-Wrestling performer. If she'd have sucked at promos, Vince would never have kept her around so long.

Jamie Knoble is the latest WWE employee to announce he tested positive for COVID-19 (He did it via his private Instagram page)

Tapings are still on for tonight - thought apparently the Taker tribute will be taking up the majority of the show

And the memo sent to all NXT talent

Per Vince, ALL Talent are needed for TV on Friday & Saturday. Please go to PC by 10:30 AM TODAY for drive-through COVID testing. if you took test yesterday, you don’t need to today. If you are in high level storyline, you will be off camera. Thanks. **IMPORTANT: after test, you will need to remain ISOLATED AND QUARANTINED until after the TV tapings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Are they finally gonna do the smart thing that we thought they might do at the beginning of this shit and tape a month of shows? 

Nope - it is the usual schedule they have been doing which is 2 weeks at a time

So tonight is however much of SDL isnt the Taker stuff and RAW for Monday

Then tomorrow they are supposed to tape SDL for July 3 and RAW for July 6

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Did Braun pull himself from shows?   It doesn't seem like i've heard his name mentioned for awhile.

He was on last week when Bray did a FFFH segment that ended in the return of the cult leader persona. They seem to be delaying Braun vs. the Fiend. I assume they want an actual audience for it.

20 hours ago, Hagan said:

Last night's Liz Hunter and Matt Brock shoutout on AEW made me think of has anyone ever put a definitive list of fake "Apter" mag writers? I'm sure it's been brought up over the years.

I still can't believe that Eddie Ellner is a real person.

17 hours ago, D.Z said:

Horror show eh? Bring back the Chamber of Horrors.....

Ever since quarantine, my buddy and I do a wrestling Zoom watchalong every Thursday. We just so happened to have watched the Chamber of Horrors last night. Only in pro wrestling would you watch something end with a goofy amateur wrestler savant belly to belly suplexing an obese faux-Sudanese lunatic who stabs people with a fork into an electric chair...ahem, I mean, Chair of Torture, and the switch is mistakenly thrown by a madman from Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. And I fucking love it. Also, that's one of the few multi-person matches you'll ever see where Scott Steiner or Sting is the smallest guy in the match in terms of mass.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 2

I watched Halloween Havoc 91 yesterday too! What an absolute clusterfuck that match was but if it wasn’t the most amazing spectacle when I was a kid! 

Everyone shits on 91 WCW with Flair leaving and the influx of cartoony gimmicks, but having been working my way through all the Clash’s and PPVs since furlough I’ve got to say it’s such a breathe of fresh air when Dusty comes in. Lots of new faces and pushes and a modern presentation after Ole’s reliance on old faces and reserved booking and mediocre production. You can tell Dusty’s time in WWF had a major influence 

Edited by BurningBeard

Just now, BurningBeard said:

I watched Halloween Havoc 91 yesterday too! What an absolute clusterfuck that match was but if it wasn’t the most amazing spectacle when I was a kid! 

My friend and I were marveling at the amount of talent in the ring for that match. And we were wondering, why in the hell weren't all those guys in singles or tag matches to fill out the card? Sting was the US champ so surely he could've defended it against Abby or Cactus or Scott Hall. I guess they really needed the time to squeeze in those Van Hammer/Doug Somers, Oz/Bill Kazmaier and Big Josh/PN News vs. The Creatures matches.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

RE: Shotzi Blackheart responded to someone on Twitter that the "Crowd" is wearing masks during the Smackdown taping

Considering they sell WWE branded masks I can't believe they didn't have everyone in the crowd wearing them front and center this whole time for free advertising.

Edited by Vgmastr
  • Like 1