DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Just watched a King Konga vs Kamala match from ‘84 Georgia. Barby as a fiery babyface on the wrong end of a (competitive) squash was weird. He’s out there throwing drop kicks, too!  Best part of the match is him taunting Kamala by doing that splits jump thing that Kamala would do. 

Not a match you need to go out of your way to watch or anything, but this is the earliest Barbarian I’ve ever seen. 

Theres currently a longer Jake Roberts vs. Ron Garvin match that is the best thing I’ve watched all week, though...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Technico Support said:

LOOOOOL

I was literally in Hawaii in October of 2000 reading about Kea's name change in a PWI.  I checked a white pages (remember them?) and was gobsmacked by the sheer number of Mossmans in there.

When I got VPW2 one of the first things I did was put Kea in Big Bossman style riot gear and rename him "The Big Mossman"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Shane said:

Just watched a King Konga vs Kamala match from ‘84 Georgia. Barby as a fiery babyface on the wrong end of a (competitive) squash was weird. He’s out there throwing drop kicks, too!  Best part of the match is him taunting Kamala by doing that splits jump thing that Kamala would do. 

Not a match you need to go out of your way to watch or anything, but this is the earliest Barbarian I’ve ever seen. 

He had a longish 1983 run in Texas as Tonga John if your YouTube-Fu is sufficiently strong.

Follow up from the WON radio show this morning (and a little of this was mentioned in the AEW thread)

Renee Young got her test done independently in Vegas because she wasn't felling well. And when I say "wasn't feeling well" - she lost her sense of taste and was bed-ridden

She got tested Monday and found out Tuesday night

• Sad 1

With the amount of people I'm expecting to test positive in the next few days.... I think Raw on Monday will be Malcolm Bivens narrating the Best of the Nation of Domination for three hours.  

EDIT - we're also going to find out who's sleeping with who in WWE and AEW.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

With the amount of people I'm expecting to test positive in the next few days.... I think Raw on Monday will be Malcolm Bivens narrating the Best of the Nation of Domination for three hours.  

You joke but I would be very much up for this.

• Like 8

That John Brody guy is either ignorant or just plain ol' dumb to say they're doing everything they can to work with local authorities.  For if they were they would have tested everybody for COVID in the first place.  And if he said this after the new came out about the positive results then that's some next-level ignorance/stupidity right there.  But considering he said "Our leader" the parallels between Vince and you-know-who are very real.

At risk of sounding conspiratorial, I’m thinking it’s intentional that the first three folks to come forward are backstage women and a non-wrestling guy (who I first saw on the Jeff Hardy DUI Smackdown, speaking loudly in the center of a cluster of talent, a shot that will surely age poorly if it reflects a regular backstage occurrence. )

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am fucking howling over "Our Leader"

If only the phrase was "Fearless Leader"... I have visions of VKM saying "Get moose and squirrel!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2